• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Inline vs Wide

revone

Premium Member
Dec 16, 2007
Go to your local dealer and pull one of each, then you can decide which one works for you. I think that you will be surprised.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I strongly disagree with this statement.
Same here Mafesto. I have had both. The inline pulls a lot easier. ND, you being from North Dakota, you know what wind is. I have been across that state a bazillion times myself and I can tell you unequivocally the in-line is better. I don't like the deck overs and the 8.5 wide ones with the wheel wells inside the trailer suck. :face-icon-small-dis
Time for a beer and I will stop ranting now.:face-icon-small-con

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Go to your local dealer and pull one of each, then you can decide which one works for you. I think that you will be surprised.

I do not need to.

I have both.
An Aluma 7x27 and an Aluma 8.5x22
With my f150....
In calm conditions they both pull nice up to around 45-50 mph & then the faster you go, the more the difference in drag between the two can be felt.
I can comfortably pull the inline at 85 with good conditions, while 70 starts making the 5.4 work with the 8.5 wide.
As wind picks up, the difference between the two gets significantly more dramatic.

I am not trying to start an argument, but to say there is "no difference" is an absolute false statement. I am only trying to provide the most honest feedback possible to help out the original question of this thread.

146ev

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
So is that with or without the V? How many sleds can you get in there?

Aluminum? If so what brand and how does it pull?

Stealth and it pulls great! We average 12-18 hours depending where we are going.

NDFARMER95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2011
Mooreton, ND
Guess I'll have to pull each and find out. Seems to be a very weighted question. I do pull with atleast a 3/4 ton diesel so wind has never been a huge factor. I've heard that the stealth's are a little poorly built. How you like your's?

146ev

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
Guess I'll have to pull each and find out. Seems to be a very weighted question. I do pull with atleast a 3/4 ton diesel so wind has never been a huge factor. I've heard that the stealth's are a little poorly built. How you like your's?

It's actually my buddies but we have had 0 issues whatsoever with it and the fit and finish is great. Trailer has been used and loaded with 5 sleds gear and everything else with some room to spare for multiple trips west.

cycloneracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Carson, Iowa

I had a 7x16 Stealth cargo trailer with the glued on sides. Biggest POS I have ever owned. Sides came unglued 3 weeks out of warranty. Brakes locked up on one axle. And the interior is just cheep. Mine was suppose to be an upgrade with stainless hardware, well about 1/2 the hardware was stainless. Luckily it got hailed on and the insurance company totaled it.......I let them buy it.

NDFARMER95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2011
Mooreton, ND
I had a 7x16 Stealth cargo trailer with the glued on sides. Biggest POS I have ever owned. Sides came unglued 3 weeks out of warranty. Brakes locked up on one axle. And the interior is just cheep. Mine was suppose to be an upgrade with stainless hardware, well about 1/2 the hardware was stainless. Luckily it got hailed on and the insurance company totaled it.......I let them buy it.

Not to bash stealth but this is the kind of stuff I've heard about their trailers so not even sure if I wanna look at them. Thanks for the input.

NDFARMER95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2011
Mooreton, ND
Ya ya ya I know. Goes with everything. I was thinkin Legend or American Hauler.. But I think Im convinved on an inline only for the fact that its atleast 650 one way. Im already lifted.. I dont need anymore wind drag.

Nov 13, 2008
A buddy of mine had a 7X32 with triple axles, it was steel and heavy. But it pulled great with a 6.0 gas chevy. I would go for the triple axles seemed to help quite a bit over the double axle trailers I've been around. Only issue with trips is tire scrub when turning sharp, it looked like something was gonna break with how far one wheel would torque over.

NDFARMER95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2011
Mooreton, ND
TTT anybody have any experience with a 7.5x29 R&R or stealth? Seems like I could get five sleds in one.

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
R&R

I have the 24' plus 5' V triple axle trailer.

For summer storage right now it has:

2 - 2002 Edge Polaris with skis off, 144 and 136"
1 Apex XTX 144
1 Polaris Pro RMK 155
and in the nose is a 2002 Edge RMK 144.

Some extra room but not enough for another sled.

The 2002 are facing the rear with one propped up so the trailer arms of the other go underneath. both front bumpers are right up to the door.

The Pro and Apex are set in opposite of each other, backed the pro in.

The 2002 faces the rear.

Pulls really nice.

Worst part is the long inner fender due to the triple axle.

NDFARMER95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2011
Mooreton, ND
Bump this $hit to the top. Lookin at a 7.5x29 stealth all aluminum with 3500# torsions. Anything I really gotta look for?

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
Marks,

How is your triple axle with backing, tight quarters, etc.? Seems like triple axle would be like tire insurance, can likely keep driving if a flat after removing tire/wheel with the light weight of current sleds. Thanks!

S

skidoo2012

Feb 22, 2009
Redfield South Dakota

You to huh? happened to me too. warranty covered in and currently getting a new one and once thats in it is getting traded off

Premium Features