• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SO-LOW DECK The safest and fastest loading system on the market!

J
Apr 5, 2008
Sammamish, WA
Would this work in a Chevy Avalanche? The bed is only 1 inch shorter than the crew cab bed on other GMs like in your pics, but it is obviously narrower. Also, would you include the rear superclamp instead of the front in the price-I already have front superclamps that I had on an open trailer that I just sold, kept them of course:)

C

Covey

Nov 4, 2008
Libby, Mt.
www.so-lowdeck.com
Jay Dog, I have not put one in an Avalanche, so I'm not sure if they fit or not. If its wide enough to put a sled back there then it will fit, or i can build you a slightly custom one. Is there wheel wells in an avalanche? We did put one in a Honda ridgeline once, it fit very well.
Yes I could sub the rear clamp for the front clamp if you want.
Thanks, let me know

-Caleb
406.295.5770 (Office)
406.291.1422 (Cell)

C

Covey

Nov 4, 2008
Libby, Mt.
www.so-lowdeck.com
Some people are happy with just using a ramp and a piece of ply wood forever, that what I used until we designed this unit. After knowing what I know now I would never go back, no matter what it cost me.
I would say 90% of people that have used a regular ramp for any period of time have damaged their pick-up, sled or both by crashing during loading or unloading at least once. I know I messed up the box side on my toyota, bent the tie rods on my snocat. I have ripped the plastic trim off of the tail gate on my brothers chevy. Folded the tail gate on my 2000 chevy. I left huge scag marks in the bed of my 06 and 07 chevy. My brother ruined the bed liner in his chevy by loading just a few times. I could prolly go on all day about the damage that myself and the people i ride with have done to their rigs by hauling snocats.
So you say you can buy a two place sled deck for less money, and i believe that you prolly can..... BUT who likes have a big *** sled deck hangin out of their truck all the time? Yes you can take it out but who wants to do that every week. The So-low deck you can take out in less than 5 minutes all by yourslef, but most of the time there is no point in taking it out. How many girls do you know that like loading a sled all the way up on a 2 place deck? Who likes fighting with the ramps on a 2000 dollar sled deck? Who likes having one sled on a two place sled deck? I know that some folks have to have a 2 place deck, but there is a lot of us that don't. I mean lets be real about this, unless you are going to spend 4 grand on a deck it is gonna be kind of a pain in the ***, whether it is the ramps or the expandable sides or whatever it is there is usually problems.
My sled is always on the So-low deck, where it is safe and free from all the road grime. Then whenever my buddies want to come i just hook onto their trailer and off we go.
I don't know about you guys but i ride my sled all the time, whether i am on my way to work and i see a lip i just have to hit, or i'm stoppin by my buddies and have to race him real quick. When i can unload, load and secure my cat in under a minute, i noticed i ride a whole lot more.
I guess this unit is not gonna be for everyone but for me and anyone that has tried it there is absolutely NOTHING better!!
I guess i will quit rambling now.
We offering a 120 dollar discount for any orders placed before June. The discount is not on the website so just give me a call at the office or on my cell.
Thanks all!!

-Caleb
406.295.5770 (Office)
406.291.1422 (Cell)

T
Feb 1, 2011
Toyota tacoma shortbed

Have you customized a deck for a Toyota Tacoma 4 door with short bed? Needs to be as high as inside wheel wells for skis to fit. What is the price now?

T
Oct 17, 2010
Midway, UT
Here is mine I built last summer. Has worked awesome in my Tacoma. Nice part is I just pull my truck in the garage and my sled is melted and ready to go the next morning. I can put the deck in my truck in two minutes and when I'm done I store it on its side in the garage and it only takes up ten inches.

IMG_0733.jpg

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Here is mine I built last summer. Has worked awesome in my Tacoma. Nice part is I just pull my truck in the garage and my sled is melted and ready to go the next morning. I can put the deck in my truck in two minutes and when I'm done I store it on its side in the garage and it only takes up ten inches.

Would love to see some more pictures of this when you get time.

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
Would love to see some more pictures of this when you get time.

X2. I've been researching single sled decks recently. I think the one Full Lotus had was an awesome idea. Wish they still made them. I read somewhere that one of the reasons they designed it without the tailgate was to save it from road dirt/sand/grime. Maybe that was just an afterthought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDLspge4QkI

Tiebreaker - if you happen to put up pics mind sharing what you have into it as well? How's it latch to the truck? Superclamps for the sled? Looks well built.

I'd like to have an aluminum-built one but it's hard to justify 2k when you can build a nice wooden one for a few hundred bucks too.

T
Oct 17, 2010
Midway, UT
Here are some more pics. On the front I use a super clamp, and on the back I have a buckle I click together over the skid. The ramp folds out wider so it will fit between the wheel wells on my Tacoma. The ramp also releases with the push of a button and clicks back in when pushed back in (no pins or anything that are hard to do with gloves on). Ramp also glides on plastic so it is very smooth. I have a 163" Axys and it holds it great. The back tube you can see holds the skid inbetween the cleats so they don't bend (some short decks only have the front of the tracks on them while the back hangs off). I put on pipe insulation on the bottom tubes so it doesn't scratch up the truck. It is secured in with one ratchet strap on the front and one on each of the back sides.

IMG_0745.jpg IMG_0746.jpg IMG_0747.jpg IMG_0748.jpg IMG_0749.jpg

sanity

Premium Member
Oct 26, 2010
Snoqualmie, WA
Anyone have experience with the new Madramps Snowmobile option? Main issues I see with it vs other single deck /ramp solutions are (1) expense ($1600) and (2) you still have to set up something to protect your bed from carbides. Maybe if you are using the ramp for ATV/UTV use already you could justify it.

I like my current single deck, but since I take it out every weekend I'm always looking for something lighter/easier to deploy and store (and, that is a step above regular ramps).

Premium Features