• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

For those snowchecking, which warranty package did you go with?

J

JesseJames

Jan 9, 2005
Pretty sure I'm going to trade the 700 off for a new 800. Just trying to figure out if I want the 4 year bumper to bumper, or take the 2nd year powertrain warranty with the $700 in accessories etc. What is everyone else doing?

I'm kinda figuring if I can make it through the first year without any problems, then I likely won't have to many in the future. Jesse.

Avi8tormd

Premium Member
May 31, 2008
BOISE, IDAHO
I went with the 4 yr for now. I will continue to think about it while I am waiting for it show up. I may change my mind when i pick it up. The 4 year bumper to bumper may help resale.

S

Skidooer

Oct 10, 2001
I went with the 4 yr for now. I will continue to think about it while I am waiting for it show up. I may change my mind when i pick it up. The 4 year bumper to bumper may help resale.

I agree it may help resale but.............do you really think you can get the extra $$$$ maybe even $500 more out of it?

Im thinking it would sell better with a lower price than 2 years of warranty remaining. I may be wrong...............

Avi8tormd

Premium Member
May 31, 2008
BOISE, IDAHO
I agree it may help resale but.............do you really think you can get the extra $$$$ maybe even $500 more out of it?

Im thinking it would sell better with a lower price than 2 years of warranty remaining. I may be wrong...............

Thats why I might change my mind. I figure I have 6 + months to fugure it out.

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
The choice of warranty will depend on how many mile you ride in a year. I usually only ride about 600-700 miles a year, so the 4 year warranty will suit my needs better.

Most sleds that have a good engine (Any brand) will typically run well up to 2000 miles then they will need rebuilding or they become ticking time bombs.

So for me I will choose the 4 year warranty.

Y

YamYboy

Apr 6, 2009
SC Wisconsin
I'm going with the 2 year warranty, I snowchecked a 144 Assault, I put on about 3000 miles a year, I get a new one about every 2 or 3 years.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
The way i understood it was that the bumper to bumper covered everything for 4 years? Correct?

That what i am planning on doing with the 2 sleds we are buying. The only reason i am selling my dragon now is cause i am NOT riding sleds with out warranties. I am far to hard on them to run them with out. Also, with the way i ride, i am going to start selling my sleds every year or 2 because i can not afford down time.

We are ordering a 155 assault for myself and my dad is going to order a 163 rmk for himself, but he hates red and silver so he is going ot try and order the blue side panels from the rush. I also applied for the race program and i am trying to get a 2011 race sled. If it goes my dragon will be for sale for $7500. Has 2000 miles, Ez-ryde skid, skid plate, boss seat, new windshield, new shocks, powercommander 5,new skis, and 700 miles on the engine. pm if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
I went with the 4 year warranty, I try and get 1,000+ miles a season, so only having to pay for a few belts and oil sounds great. As the resale go's, I figure it's easier to sell a 3 year old sled with 3,000 miles with a warranty! No?

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Pretty sure I'm going to trade the 700 off for a new 800. Just trying to figure out if I want the 4 year bumper to bumper, or take the 2nd year powertrain warranty with the $700 in accessories etc. What is everyone else doing?

I'm kinda figuring if I can make it through the first year without any problems, then I likely won't have to many in the future. Jesse.

Mine ran great for the first year and 9 pistons later it's still AFU!

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho

I snow checked a Turbo Silver 163" and went with the 4 year bumper to bumper and I'm going to use their money for the 12 months same as cash and pay it off in 11. :face-icon-small-coo

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
I snow checked a Turbo Silver 163" and went with the 4 year bumper to bumper and I'm going to use their money for the 12 months same as cash and pay it off in 11. :face-icon-small-coo

Did you know that the 12mo same as cash starts now and not when you pick it up? Read the fine print and it was confusing so I asked the question and found that it is actually less than 6 moths after pick up.

Anyway, I went for the silver 163 and I am all over the 4 year warranty! I have used up $4,700.00 of Polaris's $$ on my 2009 now. :face-icon-small-hap

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Did you know that the 12mo same as cash starts now and not when you pick it up? Read the fine print and it was confusing so I asked the question and found that it is actually less than 6 moths after pick up.

Anyway, I went for the silver 163 and I am all over the 4 year warranty! I have used up $4,700.00 of Polaris's $$ on my 2009 now. :face-icon-small-hap

I specifically asked that question and they (dealer) said from the delivery date. I will be checking in on that. Thanks for the tip:face-icon-small-win

M

M-niner

Nov 27, 2007
Black Hills, SD
2 yr w/$700.00 worth of gear. I'm sure I'll do something to void the warranty within the first 2 years anyway. 163" Silver RMK.

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
I specifically asked that question and they (dealer) said from the delivery date. I will be checking in on that. Thanks for the tip:face-icon-small-win

That's strange, let me know what you find out.. Our sales guy had to get Polaris to explain to him because it was so fishy..

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
I think they count the purchase date as the snow check date!

Polaris terms:

Qualifying Models: 2011 full size Polaris Snowmobiles

SEE YOUR DEALER FOR COMPLETE DETAILS
*Offer valid on all qualified models and subject to credit approval from HSBC Retail Services Limited on qualified consumer purchases financed during this program. No payments required until 6 months from the date of purchase. No finance charges will be assessed until 5 months from the date of purchase and interest is waved if full payment is made by the due date and account remains in good standing. Rates will vary with term, amount financed, and credit profile of the customer. See your participating Polaris dealer for all program details. Offer ends April 17, 2010.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
I think they count the purchase date as the snow check date!

Polaris terms:

Qualifying Models: 2011 full size Polaris Snowmobiles

SEE YOUR DEALER FOR COMPLETE DETAILS
*Offer valid on all qualified models and subject to credit approval from HSBC Retail Services Limited on qualified consumer purchases financed during this program. No payments required until 6 months from the date of purchase. No finance charges will be assessed until 5 months from the date of purchase and interest is waved if full payment is made by the due date and account remains in good standing. Rates will vary with term, amount financed, and credit profile of the customer. See your participating Polaris dealer for all program details. Offer ends April 17, 2010.

Technically if it is snowchecked, the purchase has not been completed. They do not have the total amount for the sled and you do not have the sled yet. You cant really be paying for something that you dont have.
I snowchecked the orange madness assault 144" with 2" lug and 4 year warranty.

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
Technically if it is snowchecked, the purchase has not been completed. They do not have the total amount for the sled and you do not have the sled yet. You cant really be paying for something that you dont have.
I snowchecked the orange madness assault 144" with 2" lug and 4 year warranty.

I agree with you, however Polaris is playing with words to make it sound better!

Premium Features