• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

diy open to enclosed conversion

R
Nov 27, 2007
Bozeangelas
i thought most of you would like this, i have been looking for a design like this ever since i got my trailer...

i have a 2 place yacht club that i bought last summer from a snowester and have been looking to enclosed it using wooden style and side panels but have not found anyone else that has used this design... UNTIL NOW!!!!!

it appears this guy is using wooden studs to enclose his trailer without any problems towing it down the road. With the price of metal it never seemed econoical to enclose my trailer compared to buying an enclosed, however if i go this route i can get most of the wood for my plan for free and it appears that it might work :D

i am still in the thought process but after seeing this page, its time to kick the woodworking in gear quick before it snows too much.... clean sleds would be nice :D

http://home.jtan.com/~joe/trailer/

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I know a fabricator who makes floats for parades.

The trailer he loads them on have a canvas skin over a metal frame. He uses the metal frame as a scaffold to climb around the float and work on it.

Engine Pro 5x

Premium Member
Sep 20, 2009
KANSAS
Don't make me show you this again !!! >>>>.
VINTAGESHELBY038.jpg

VINTAGESHELBY034.jpg

Premium Features