• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Edge 800 Project

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
I got my battery right behind the secondary clutch and just above it is the regulator, and also where I put the rectifier. Great place to tie it in. Did you mount your battery up in front or to the side?

You could also tie in where the starter plugs in up by the hood connector. The red wire.

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
Glad to see your stepping up with an external gate and atmospheric dump! The 16G's boost creep like a mother with that little flapper door wg.

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
Not a great oil for turbo's! try synthetic diesel oil like 15W40 or 5W50 and i am building my tank tonight! I am actually going to put a coil in the tank with a shut off valve for coolant to keep the black gold cool!

I run 5w30 in my mitsu all the time, I'd be more concerned with 15w40 in the cold weather, my cummins takes a good 10 sec to get that crap flowing in the cold.

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
Just above the new oil pump! and i will look for the red wire but i did tie it into the red wire next to the yellow wire on the rectifier and got nothing!

Did you put a rectifier on it? They don't have a rectifier from the factory. No DC. I used a radio shack rectifier and tied in the postive DC into the red wire just like the factory did on the electric start. Same deal with my battery and pumps. Tied into the red wire. You have to isolate the DC ground though or you will only get about 5 volts.

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
I run 5w30 in my mitsu all the time, I'd be more concerned with 15w40 in the cold weather, my cummins takes a good 10 sec to get that crap flowing in the cold.

You have a better pump or don't know you are damaging your turbo if your running 5w30.
I am using the same pump as dave and after a couple times on boost my oil pressure is down below 20psi and the turbo starts to scream.

Once you get it warmed the first time of the day the oil is going to stay plenty warm to flow just fine.

I set mine up with a switch to turn the pumps on without the engine running. Turn it on wait till fuel and oil pressures come up then fire it.

E
Jan 25, 2009
Erie Colorado
Nose pan

Bent the 50-52 for the nose and doing the sides on Thursday, Starts right up, SO MEAN, one question what about the power jets? should there be fuel all the time there? maybe my fuel pressure is set to low?

img128.jpg img130.jpg img132.jpg

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
Have you done anything with your exhaust valves?

Working on mine after running it on the mountain the other day. I blocked the exhaust valves open and its starting to boost much sooner with less throttle.

Running on the stand I was getting boost come on about 5000r's and 1/8th throttle. It was more like 6500+ 1/4+ throttle before with the valves operational.

I will let you know how it does after I run it on the hill saturday or sunday.

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
If you get to where you want to play with your exhaust valves. I had a pile of 1/2" washers that were a bit oversized(.565) they fit just perfect under the bellow to space it open.

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
Block open your valves. Huge difference. No noticeable difference on the low end but it spools way quicker. Like 5000r's and I am still running rich. It will get better once I get the jetting dialed in better.

Z

zr600

Oct 26, 2001
Bismarck ND
Just wondering why you used stainless for the tunnel over chromoly? Was it because you had some of it laying around already. Looks good though. How does the new tunnel compare in weight compared to the stock one.

E
Jan 25, 2009
Erie Colorado
SS

I used Seamless 316l 3/4" .049 tube, because I had it laying around.. The actual tunnel ended up at the same weight but about 12" longer and 1" wider and CUSTOM. I will post the new pics tomorrow. I built the belly pan today out of 14g 5052 and it weighs half of the old pan.

Z
Dec 20, 2007
Be careful with heavy diesel oil, it works better at high heat but also gums up when run too hot! we used to run that in MX bikes that were tweaked because we needed the heat resistence, but after tearing down a few motors we got rid of that, it was all gummed up and filmy.

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
Be careful with heavy diesel oil, it works better at high heat but also gums up when run too hot! we used to run that in MX bikes that were tweaked because we needed the heat resistence, but after tearing down a few motors we got rid of that, it was all gummed up and filmy.

Are you talking as an engine lube? We are not using it in the engine. It is for the turbo bearings only.

Premium Features