• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I nearly lost my buddy today.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I was out pushing snow with the Rhino when I heard her start yelping just
after the neighbor went by.

My heart just sank as I knew what must have happened.:face-icon-small-sad
I just didn't know how bad she was injured.

I picked her up & held her as I drove to the vet. ( a cold ride at 10 below!)

She has a broken pelvis & some road rash, but the doc says she should get
through it. He doesn't think any internals were ruptured.

She will have a rough week or two.

BTW It really wasn't the neighbor's fault, he wasn't going fast, in fact he has no idea it even happened.

It is extremely hard to see her in such pain.:face-icon-small-sad

I know many of you will think this is trivial, but she really is a child to us.

2-22-09001.jpg

Circus Midget

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I know how you feel. Last fall I almost lost my Brittany a week before the pheasant opener. It's tough to see them laying on the operating table looking so lifeless.

Q

Q-BALL

Nov 26, 2007
northpole,ak.
Best wishes to her recovery! Any chance she'll sit in the rhino with ya? My bro-in-law has two cockers and one of them just loves his rhino,anytime she hears that thing start,she's ready to go,a snow plowing dog she is!!!

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
festo.. sorry to hear man.. bummer deal for sure.. hope she gets better.. and i'm sure she will be back to chacing pheasants in no time.. :D

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Best wishes to her recovery! Any chance she'll sit in the rhino with ya? My bro-in-law has two cockers and one of them just loves his rhino,anytime she hears that thing start,she's ready to go,a snow plowing dog she is!!!

She LOVES the Rhino!

She hops in the back whenever I start it in hopes we're going for a ride.
Sometimes I'll drive it & she will run ahead.
It's funny when she hears the engine rpm increase.....she speeds up too!:)
Looking forward to her wanting to do that again!

P
Jan 15, 2005
ND
Hope she heals up quickly!!! Yeah it sucks, but at least she is still with you. I know how you feel about your pup. It would be very hard on me if something happened to either of my terribly spoiled goldens.

C
We hope she heals up good for you. I have an American Cocker, all black called Nitrous. He got run over last year by a buddy of pulling into the yard, (wasn't his fault at all) it crushed his pelvis. He was about a year and healed up good. You can't even tell now, so I'm sure yours will make a full recovery.

100_0497 (Medium).jpg

Premium Features