• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 chev light problems

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
So getting ready to try and figure this out for my ole man.
Truck is a 02 1500hd chev. Has the factory tow package.
It won't turn the running lights on the trailers on. Brake lights, turn signals work fine but no running lights. Side markers dont come on either. Have plugged all 3 things we tow with it into other pickups to make sure that the problem is with the truck and not with the trailers.
So far I have only checked the fuses and nothing is blown. Any suggestions on where to start trouble shooting things at?

Wondering if the plug might be bad from to many dips in the water unloading the boat during the summer. Not sure if that would do it though.

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
Probably just the plug. may have a loose or corroded wire. You can use a cheap 12 volt light tester from napa to see if there is power to the plug.

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Anyone know which prong it would be? The plug on the truck is the big 12? prong that has the trailer brakes an everything integrated into it.

S
So getting ready to try and figure this out for my ole man.
Truck is a 02 1500hd chev. Has the factory tow package.
It won't turn the running lights on the trailers on. Brake lights, turn signals work fine but no running lights. Side markers dont come on either. Have plugged all 3 things we tow with it into other pickups to make sure that the problem is with the truck and not with the trailers.
So far I have only checked the fuses and nothing is blown. Any suggestions on where to start trouble shooting things at?

Wondering if the plug might be bad from to many dips in the water unloading the boat during the summer. Not sure if that would do it though.

i've got an '04 w/trailer package and it has a bundle underneath near the front of the box for a camper connection on the drivers side.maybe water 'n mud have caused a short etc over time?or in a camper plug for that matter(if you have one) not sure if this can help you or not:D

Premium Features