• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lemon???

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
By golly, this worked, the 660 weighed more, I checked the 660 bulb and it had fluid in it. The 800 didn't have any fluid in its bulb. Do I need to get one of these thingamajigger's? Anyone recommend where I drill a pilot hole into the bulb to place fluid in it? I don't really wanna go to Driven in Casper and spend money on Polaris Factory fluid taillight bulb, unless I am unaware of a recall on the bulb that was in the 800.

You need a race bulb.
Get it from a local racing team.

N
Jan 1, 2012
Eastern Oregon
Damn, and all this time it was NOT a part of my Pre-season maintenance checks! Coming from the diesel performance side of things, I'm fully aware on how the proper voltage feedback from the brake light influence your MPG, HP/TQ curves, and overall performance of a pickup, but I wasn't aware of the severity of how it affects my sled! Thank you Snowest!

EDIT: So, from my calculations, the proper bulb will get you about 5 extra horsetorques, but the race bulbs that Scott referenced should net an additional 10-15Horsetorques throughout the whole RPM range! Hot damn!

Last edited:

Hotshotharry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
hinton ab canada
You flatlanders are lucky. Us mountain riders have to have altitude compensating brake light fluid or else the bulb will build too much internal pressure and burst. Talk about embarrassing, not to mention how unsafe a condition that causes. I always carry an extra drum of the stuff in the trailer.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Anybody got a fix kit for this yet?

We had 24 cents fall and I couldn't go for a ride 'cause of the Poo tail light issue!

Sux!

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Well, that's likely your answer right there. The bearings in your Super Q likely need lubrication. The increased friction will build up negative ions and begin to short out your stator. Thus, the reason you have lights going out. Give your muffler bearings a good slather of grease and you should be good to go.

OMG, you brought up muffler bearings, let's not get started on those cheap azz things.

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
Over here in MN We make our own muffler bearings out of sixlets candies, and use a safety ring from a large juice bottle for the race. The trick is to open the sixlets, and put them in a low temp oven 110degrees. To dry out the chocolate enough that it won't melt inside the candy shell when installed.
Send a self addressed stamped envelope and $5 I can send detailed instructions and diagrams.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
None of this will ever work if you don't calibrate your hifax dampeners by bleeding the LED light hydraulic system.

Last edited:

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
WOW! This thread sure went off the rails! The OP had a legitimate concern about his stock RMK, and you guys are talking about sixlets for muffler bearings?!! Everybody knows muffler bearings are made of ceramic, due to the high temperatures! Geez, grow up.

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
WOW! This thread sure went off the rails! The OP had a legitimate concern about his stock RMK, and you guys are talking about sixlets for muffler bearings?!! Everybody knows muffler bearings are made of ceramic, due to the high temperatures! Geez, grow up.

See that's why you should get detailed instructions from me. A special process that actually turns the candy coating to ceramic. Then the chocolate acts as an internal lubricant, and so you never even need to grease the muffler bearings.
Geez, jumping to conclusions :face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-win:)

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
All you haters are going to have egg on your face when he proves that he had a lemon because of a bad light socket that he couldn't torque the light bulb down to the proper 50 lb.ft. Spec

Making JIS screws into junk

The highlighted part is his problem, everyone knows it's torqued to 50 in/lbs.

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming

UMM, its a stock PRO rmk!

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Did you change to winter air yet in the 660 bulb housing? If not that will cause the condensation (fluid) you are talking about. The 800 does this automatically every time you hit the "oil reset button" on the dash after doing an oil change. The 660 is much more to maintain then the 800 because of that middle 6 in the number.

Don't waist your money on that tool as that model doesn't filter the air first. Snap-on has a better one with an LED light for about $2,500 more.

Well the winter wind in Casper has finally picked up so I can make the adjustment if needed on the 800, but hot damn, once I drilled a pilot hole into the 660 to see if it was orange or clear fluid for comparison, the wind blew it all over the place and it came out DITCH PICKLE green (talk about a facial). So I am waiting for a calm day before I take open up the 800 to see what color of fluid it has.

Premium Features