• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quick drive pulley spreader tool?

I
Nov 26, 2007
I'm looking for the tool to install quick drive belts, it looked like a turn buckle with a C on each end, you placed it between the pulleys with the belt on and it spread them enough to put them back on the shafts. Anyone know what I'm talking about and where to find it?

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
I've only ever used alignment studs. That's an interesting idea though. Does anyone know the centre to centre distance and the thread size?

I think I could make that at work

Come to think of it. The same could be accomplished with a piece or two of ready rod and some custom made nuts. Basically the same concept as a telepost.

All you would have to do is weld a washer set the right depth to allow you to hold the pulleys apart while still allowing you to slide the pulleys on to the shaft

I might just build this at work today if anyone can get me some rough measurements and a thread size or the shaft sizes

Come to think of it in might just go to the brothers wrecking yard and cut up a couple old drivers at the right length and use the exact same splined shafts and just slide it from one shaft to the next

Last edited:

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
http://snowest.com/forum/forum.vb/picture.php?albumid=3532&pictureid=34082

Simply take the sprockets off or at least that's how I do it. Then place the zip ties where the red line is shown. Pull it tight until it holds its shape on the belts and then it will line up on the shafts easily. I spent hours fighting it until I tried this. Once I did this had the sprockets and belt on in minutes

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002

makes it very easy to install. I always start the lower gear first, then get the upper close and then wiggle the brake rotor to get it to slide on. Eric

Premium Features