• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can I wire a Lead Dog to the DC plug by clutch?

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
Sorta new to the pros, can the stator handle a helmet light and the stock lights? The plug by the headlights blew right away and found a blown 2 amp fuse so I guess that's for low amp stuff, only other plug I found is on top of the clutch marked D.C. pwr. I might just throw some bullet connectors into that plug and see what happens, maybe add a inline fuse somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I believe that connector is intended to power up the ECU for diagnostics when the sled is not running. It is not fused and although it has power when the sled is running.

I for one would not use it. You risk cooking a lot of electronics and rendering the sled unable to run if your draw is too much, at least from what I've read. Plenty of threads on the subject, and while a lot of companies are instructing customers to power their product from this location, the forum gurus are pretty adamant that it should not be used for anything but what Polaris engineered it for. FWIW

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
I believe that connector is intended to power up the ECU for diagnostics when the sled is not running. It is not fused and although it has power when the sled is running.

I for one would not use it. You risk cooking a lot of electronics and rendering the sled unable to run if your draw is too much, at least from what I've read. Plenty of threads on the subject, and while a lot of companies are instructing customers to power their product from this location, the forum gurus are pretty adamant that it should not be used for anything but what Polaris engineered it for. FWIW

interesting.... lots of sketchy info in the other threads, is there a place that is recommended to hook accessories into? where do the turbo guys get there power from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features