• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

silverton snocross

S
Oct 29, 2008
March 3rd and 4th. Should be a great time once again. We usually have the best track in the state besides x games. Great racing, great riding and an awesome party! See ya there.

I
Jan 26, 2012
Glendive, MT
More Info

Can we get more info about this event? I looked on the Silverton's Chamber of Commerce website and all it said was "XMR Snowmobile Racing" on Molas Lake, South of Silverton.
Thanks in advance!

S
Oct 29, 2008
What info exactly are you looking for? I just spoke to randy lokey yesterday. He is going to get the track going this weekend. At least the start of it. Www.xmrracing.com will have info for snocross racers. Sunday are the drag races. 500 foot. Registration for snocross is held Friday in silverton and registration for drags is held early sun morning at the track. For those who don't know, molas pass is about 6 or so miles south of silverton on us hwy 550. The riding area consist of every aspect of snowmobiling. From trails to trees to steeps and cliffs. There is something for just about anyone in the family. As far as hotels there are plenty. The red mountain cabins sell out fast as I think they are the best place to stay. Some others are the triangle motel and the grand imperial. There is some good dining in silverton as well. Mothercluckers, pickle barrel and brown bear are good choices. There is one liquor store in town. There is no Snowmobile dealer in town however there are all three major brands represented in durango.( 50 miles away). Anything else I can help with let me know.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
yep thats pretty much what I needed . but is all the snowcross racing on sat? id like to watch racing and get my turbo in the drags. sounds like fun .

S
Oct 29, 2008
There is typically snocross Sunday morning til noon or so. Followed very closely by drags. You should def enter the drags. I know of at least 4 other turbos who plan on entering! I'm sure there will be more. I forget off top of my head but think its 20 bucks per class. Totally worth it imo. Better turn up the boost!

S
Oct 29, 2008
Kreg I just noticed you are running a turbo assault. That track hooks great for the drags. My td8 has the assault track and the hook up is awesome for the race conditions. In the turbo class the person who hooks hardest often beats a "faster" sled. Seen it many times! Good luck and can't wait to run ya.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Turbo assualt yes . But I have the 5.1 on it . Darn right on the hook up especially in 500'drags. Ive seen a stock sled beat a turbo before.

S
Oct 29, 2008
The track was indeed started this weekend. It's was pretty much ready to ride Sunday but we got hit with a fresh foot. The ground work is done though. Won't complain about the fresh a bit, molas looked amazing today when I came over the pass around 4.

Premium Features