• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo PC800, KMOD?

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
Plan is to snocheck a couple PC800s and slap a turbo on one. Liking the idea of a KMOD rear with Raptors all around.

Is it worth getting the skid?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
On a boosted sled, its worth as much as the turbo.
On a non boosted, yes if you have the money, mine does climb farther and stay in a controlled sidehill better. Rides like a Cadillac

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
Could you be a bit more specific? I haven't swapped out suspension before. Don't want to do it just to say I spent 4k....

Why is it as important as the turbo on a boosted sled?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Control.

If you boost a sled and ride it in the trees or any kind of technical terrain, the stock skid likes to wheelie, climb ruts and very unpredictable. I am a good rider and with a stock skid I still wound up climbing trees more than I like, with the kmod, it goes where you point it, its designed to push the sled up on the snow and not trench.
Stock skid will transfer weight back and try to wheelie over while trenching, you loose control and all momentum. The Kmod keeps the ski down, and acts like something is lifting the rear of the sled giving the option to always turn out into a sidehill.
I always rode hard before and after the kmod but before could not figure out why I only pulled off so much and sometimes just couldn't do what I wanted. Now with the KMOD, if it can be done I'll do it. No more guessing or looking for lines, just going at it and dominating.
I don't have the front raptors yet because of the cost but hope to soon.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
As someone that actually has a boosted pc800 with a kmod, I would say save your pennies unless your really have nothing else to spend them on. The new sleds say down real nice and the stock suspension is actually smoother on the ruff trails then the K mod. We have two pc's running 10psi one with a Kmod one with out and both handle fine under boost. I also have the front raptors and thought that the stock shocks worked just as well.

We ride tight steep trees and technical terrain and have no trouble with the stock setup. A suspension is not going to make you a rockstar. If you can really ride you will be able to do so, stock or not.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
As someone that actually has a boosted pc800 with a kmod, I would say save your pennies unless your really have nothing else to spend them on. The new sleds say down real nice and the stock suspension is actually smoother on the ruff trails then the K mod. We have two pc's running 10psi one with a Kmod one with out and both handle fine under boost. I also have the front raptors and thought that the stock shocks worked just as well.

We ride tight steep trees and technical terrain and have no trouble with the stock setup. A suspension is not going to make you a rockstar. If you can really ride you will be able to do so, stock or not.

I would put money against that, I gained performance with the kmod, sidehill steeper hills and through rougher terrain and maintain control. The stock skid is one of the best I've ever used, I'll give you that. But not like the KMOD, I'll pay you or anyone else that can prove me wrong. I'm saying that on a '12 without boost, with boost its just that much better.

You should try pushing it a little harder and you might be surprised. and no it wont make a rockstar, but not having the right suspension can make a rockstar look bad.

The stocker felt like more fun, out of control feels fast and the wheelies are fun too, but it doesn't perform the same, if your a big jumper I wouldn't recommend any coupled skid

Last edited:
S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
I really like my ezryde. I'm boosted as well. Cruising down the road at 50-70mph in 1-2' whoops It is a must the stock skid just cant keep up it likes to rebound to fast making you back end want to jump from side to side where the ezryde stays strait. also with the ezryde It seems to put more weight on the front making it corner allot better then the stock skid. now on the mountain I can side hill better because it takes the bumps better and don't through you off the hill. when I'm climbing it keeps the front down allot better so when I hit bumps it don't try flipping over like the stock skid.
So to be honest if your just one of those guys that likes to just ride around and maybe shoot up a hill every now and then. I wouldn't waste your money but if your aggressive and like getting crazy in the woods and shooting for the high mark or through the shoots I would highly recommend an ezryde. (kmod might be alright to I've only rode it one time and i wasn't paying any attention to how it worked).

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    94.5 KB · Views: 71

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
I like all the different views on suspension .. Like some have said, if you ride hard look to the after market, do the research. But I'm kinda guessing that this newer skid would work better with a little shock revalving .. That's what makes suspensions work good or not. You can take the best suspension out there and if the shocks don't work right,, too much rebound or not or too much compression or not then the whole system is fowled. find a good shock guy, sure you might miss some riding but could be a lot cheaper in the long run...

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Shop, you like haulin azz, lol I don't know but for you I think the ezryde is better for your style, I do more of the tight technical slow moving stuff but still hit it hard when needed, I think the kmod is the better all around for me.

S

SnowDevil

Nov 26, 2007
Portland
had a kmod on my 1200 turbo suspension was a waste of money, was happy to see it go to someone else. turbo'd a 12 im really liking it and wouldnt waste the money on a kmod, save it for race fuel!

S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
Hey now I like tight technical ridding In fact that's what I mostly do! I think the ezryde has dramatically improved my ridding ability in the tree's. :) like right here I was trying to go over this tight 12' tree! I just wasn't strong enough to hold on.
untitled1.jpg
untitled22.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features