• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Potential Edge aftermarket fab. products-new company seeking input.

I
Dec 1, 2009
Truckee, CA
Bush-
Thanks, legit info for sure. I like the alum intake idea, gunna be a month before I haul my tig up to the new shop tho...:(
I sketched the sled-bed for a couple of the guys on here so I figured I would share with the rest of the class. Sides have been changed to fully sheeted for ease of side loading and for sliding machines around.

Sorry bout the crappy phone pic of the rough-sketch but you should be able to get the idea...

sledbed sketch1.jpg

T
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River AK
TTT I think a set of front and rear bumpers would be popular in this crowd. There are alot of Edge owners out there like me that dont want a new sled payment but would spend a thousand on the sled they already have. Good luck.

F

freak58trio

Nov 26, 2007
Sumner,Washington
I had Fastrax make me a rear bumper similar to the Timbersled and Van Amburg style . I like it wat better than the stock one do to it having the grab handle above the tunnel rather than straight off the back.

S

Snocross 100

Oct 6, 2008
I love the seat idea! I actualy almost built one this summer. Moto seat that u can put a snowboard under! i was going to do a mountain addiction 3 can rack too under there when the boards not on. Ill prototype it after u make it and give u all the response u want. Just wondering how old are u and how many years have you been snowmobiling?? And where are u located??

P.S. Put a LED tail light somemhere on the back of the seat Because like me alot of us are taking the stock tail light off cause its so bulky!

E
Feb 22, 2009
How about a vent kit to replace the original vents in the hood, has anyone ever produced a vent kit to replace the original vents other than SLP's design? I'm sure it would be simple and you could keep the price of the kit down and you would sell tons of them. I'm sure @ $100 everyone here would buy a set.

I
Dec 1, 2009
Truckee, CA
Update

Hey Guys, Sorry I have been out of the loop for a minute. Had to finish the move to Truckee and get all situated. I like all the ideas and am very stoked to start getting this stuff going!

Someone asked my info-29y.o. Grew up in WA state rode snowboards for 10 years before I moved to South Lake Tahoe and started riding sleds 7 years ago. Mainly intended for tandem riding to access the backcountry for snowboard films. I quickly realized the sled is more fun than the board most of the time. I ride several days a week so I tend to tear my **** up and find the weak points in a setup quickly.

I have always been a polaris guy and after all the IQ problems the last few years I decided to try to dial my "old technology" in as well as possible for my needs until I find a platform I think is better...and affordable.

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
how about an air box made from aluminum that is lighter and easy to get on and off if designed right it could free up room in front of gas tank for an optional storage container mabey an oil tank too there is a lot of room back there and polaris did not use it very wisely a reinforced aluminum front bumper that mounts like the plastic one but lighter would probably sell

the aluminum airbox is a good idea. Might as well install a power jet/ dial a jet set up right on top so no more tearin the carbs off to change elevation. Just turn the dial and ride.

Keep in mind that the rubber boots on the edge motor that mount into the carbs is a terrible design. I have an aluminum airbox for boost and the boots blow right off the motor because of the undo weight from the airbox. The box will need to be supported by something other than the boots. They can't handle the added weight. That or as I have, fab up a way to secure it directly to the carbs. Great idea. You will supply a functional mod for both fairly stock machines to extreme sleds.

I
Dec 1, 2009
Truckee, CA
holy crap, 2 years later for real. dusted off my login for the first time today. and all I can say is I'm sorry I wasn't around but thank you for your support and I'm finally back in the fab biz full time, at your service.

I'm Living in Santa cruz now but I have a decent fabrication shop and I'm still interested in doing some sled stuff.

If there's anything u want reproduced like holtz discontinued stuff or any of the other products discussed in the thread please contact me thru email indefab@yahoo.com, I will try to check here periodically as well for pms

I'm also looking for an IQ chassis for prototyping the a-arm edge setup.

If you have a 700motor that will work in my EDGE I think I'm gonna go that route let me know how much or I can do some tradework.

Premium Features