• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

F150 leveling kit: any tips?

W
Sep 15, 2008
Spokane, Wa
I have an 08 F150 extended cab and I am contemplating putting a leveling kit on the front end. Has anyone done this? is there anything i need to know? I have airbags on the rear so im not too worried about squatting it if i put a load on it.

E
Nov 26, 2007
meridian idaho
I have an 08 F150 extended cab and I am contemplating putting a leveling kit on the front end. Has anyone done this? is there anything i need to know? I have airbags on the rear so im not too worried about squatting it if i put a load on it.

Go to Les Schwab tire and pay them 150.00 to do it. I think they put a 2.5in in mine and it looks awesome. If you do it yourself then go to www.f150forum.com and search it. It can be easy with the right tools.

mwmod97m

Premium Member
Jan 28, 2008
Central N.D.
I did it to my 05 f150. I got mine through Autospringcorp.com It is an easy job, takes about 3 hours if I remember right. Then make sure you get the front end aligned after it is in.

S
Feb 19, 2008
S.E. Idaho
I too did the leveling kit and it really makes the truck look alot better. While you are in there have them install some airbags under the back end for when you are pulling heavy and long distances. You don't need to get the compressor (though they sure are nice). I really wish that I had done this as I have seen the advantages. Anyway, have Les Schwabb do it as they were able to do it very well and very quickly for me. (The job can be a handful if you don't have a spring compressor...or something like that according to some people that I know that have tried to do it themselves.) Good luck and enjoy the new look of the truck!

Premium Features