• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

600 Ctec first time owner

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Been wanting a post 16 cat since they came out... but snowchecked an Axys as I felt it was a better sled FOR ME out of the box. I have also been looking for a spare sled/girlfriend sled. Came across a 2016 M6000 141" Sno Pro with 260 miles for $6000, I couldnt resist.

This is my first Pro Climb chassis sled, and I know very little about the Ctec motor. Any advice on things to watch for or be sure to maintain? Any spare parts I should keep in the trailer? Anything I should scrap immediately and replace with aftermarket?

Right from the get go I will likely remove unnecessary foam, and replace the can, taillight and snow flap because I cant stand looking at any of em. Anyone know if the 600/800 cans are the same?

Will also likely swap the skis with the spare pair of grippers I have in the garage. Will maybe do a belt drive down the road to clean up the chaincase/oil tank area, but not sure its worth spending that kind of money on a 600. Any other easy "mods" that should be done?

Joks79

Lifetime Membership
Oct 27, 2008
MN. 10 minutes from Canada!
A good friend has one. No issues at all. Very nice engine for a 600. I'd checkout Speedwerx for a can. It all depends what you want. Quiet and weight loss or load and weight loss.

daknapp

Premium Member
Aug 29, 2013
Adirondacks, Northern NY
On my '15 XF High Country 141 if tried two Black Diamond SSI can's this season. First the ProLite Stainless Steel can followed by the Black Ops can. I was trying to lighten the chassis. Most of my riding on this sled is in northern New York both on and off trail as well as a spare sled for a couple weeks in Wyoming. The ProLite can was to loud to run on the trails without causing an issue with the Dept of Evironment Conservation. The Black Ops was much more 'trail friendly' until the exhaust valves open: great sound but again not for the trails here. Both can's were a great weight savings over the OEM and both are for sale: 40 miles on the ProLite and between 200-300 on the Black Ops.

daknapp

Premium Member
Aug 29, 2013
Adirondacks, Northern NY
I should also add that I went with a set of Gripper skis which were a great improvement over the OEM's. Also a set of ProLite running boards and Dalton adjustable clutch weights/spring for Wyoming altitude. I had ordered a TKi belt drive but the kit was not made available this season, I think due to the difference in the oil reservoir between the electronic oil pump of the CTec 600 motor and the conventional oil pump on the Suzuki 800 motor ? (I installed the TKi belt drive on my 800 High Country that I also lengthened to 153).

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com

That little 600 is an over achiever with a lot of potential!

It doesn't take much and they will run like an 800!

They sled in general is very durable and trouble free.

We have sold some C3 belt drives for them, which uses a aluminum backing plate for the stock tank.

But the best bang for your buck is the muffler, pipe mod, billet head, and clutch kit.

Those parts simply make the sled into a whole new machine!

For ridability, our ProLite running boards keep the snow out, and make it anti slip. They work! And of course our front bumper adds more protection, depending on what one you have now.

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?...d_shop=&id_employee=3&theme=&theme_font=font7

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Been wanting a post 16 cat since they came out... but snowchecked an Axys as I felt it was a better sled FOR ME out of the box. I have also been looking for a spare sled/girlfriend sled. Came across a 2016 M6000 141" Sno Pro with 260 miles for $6000, I couldnt resist.

This is my first Pro Climb chassis sled, and I know very little about the Ctec motor. Any advice on things to watch for or be sure to maintain? Any spare parts I should keep in the trailer? Anything I should scrap immediately and replace with aftermarket?

Right from the get go I will likely remove unnecessary foam, and replace the can, taillight and snow flap because I cant stand looking at any of em. Anyone know if the 600/800 cans are the same?

Will also likely swap the skis with the spare pair of grippers I have in the garage. Will maybe do a belt drive down the road to clean up the chaincase/oil tank area, but not sure its worth spending that kind of money on a 600. Any other easy "mods" that should be done?

Sounds like your on the right track. I add the Canada sled parts steering bushing to all my PC, it is a nice improvement. I carry spare fuses, hood screws with clip and the bolt with retainer for the upper A arm. Keep the throttle cable adjusted and maybe carry lock deicer the TSS will freeze in the right conditions.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Anyone else find this motor is super loud with a can? Stock is really quiet but put a can on it and it practically screams at any rpm. Swap the can over to an 800 and it's like half the noise at idle.

Premium Features