• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

should i buy a few sets of cat weights or get cutlers adjustable weights for my M8?

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i will be bouncing around anywhere between 2000-9000' asl with my M8. should i spend the money on 3 sets of cat weights, or are the adjustable type any good? i have some MTXs and dont like them. i like Cutlers design with the set screws you can swap out... it looks like you can do it with the weights in the clutch which would be nice. any input on these weights?

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i see dalton makes them too.....very similar design...

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Same as others, cutler weights are easy to add or subtract weight on the mountain and I've also been very happy with them. Worth the money.

shadow conspiracy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Quesnel, B.C.
used cutler weights for a season and now using dd magna weights. Uses little magnets to add or subtract weight. I like them better than the cutlers, way more adjustability.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
used cutler weights for a season and now using dd magna weights. Uses little magnets to add or subtract weight. I like them better than the cutlers, way more adjustability.

those use the same concept at the MTX weights that slp sells (only with magnets rather than rivets). i do not like the mtx weights.... it doenst look like its as easy to adjust the magnets as it is to adjust the set screws on the cutlers... or am i looking at that all wrong?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I've dealt with both, and imo the magnets are a pain. One got stuck & one broke in the field (that would be a fun thing to have fly out at 8300rpm...) I like them better than the MTX weights (REALLY don't like those, never got a sled to run the way we wanted with them) but just not as smooth & simple as the set screw method imo.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
i have some cheap

I do not like the adjustables I have several take off sets if you wants some 50 a set.. If it was me I would get the cat weight on a normally asperated sled

i will be bouncing around anywhere between 2000-9000' asl with my M8. should i spend the money on 3 sets of cat weights, or are the adjustable type any good? i have some MTXs and dont like them. i like Cutlers design with the set screws you can swap out... it looks like you can do it with the weights in the clutch which would be nice. any input on these weights?

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
Dalton weights have the same profile as both the Cat and Polaris 10 series weights. (yes the allen key Cat weights have 10 series profile) I use Daltons and have had very good results, so much so that when I switched to a P-85 I ordered and installed Daltons again.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
I do not like the adjustables I have several take off sets if you wants some 50 a set.. If it was me I would get the cat weight on a normally asperated sled

i have been seeing that most guys running them are also boosted...

what weight take-offs do you have? i currently have 77s for down low, 73s for mid, and need something for high. i am running all stock except an SLP exhaust. slp was not much help... this is what they told me when i asked them what cat weights to run...

We have not tested the clutching with OEM weights, but you will probably have to drop 2 grams from what the OEM chart says because our pipe should spin a bit higher for peak RPM. We shoot for 8000-8100 RPM.

Premium Features