• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M5 Running Poorly

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Doesn't look like too many people have these m5s. I have one as a spare sled, but have never had it do something like that. The biggest problem I've had was plugged fuel injectors. I have a bogging issue now. Hopefully someone will chime in. I'm no snowmobile expert, but your's sounds like it's miss firing?

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Doesn't look like too many people have these m5s. I have one as a spare sled, but have never had it do something like that. The biggest problem I've had was plugged fuel injectors. I have a bogging issue now. Hopefully someone will chime in. I'm no snowmobile expert, but your's sounds like it's miss firing?

I've soaked the injectors and rail in injector cleaner which didn't help. Ignition coil is coming next week.

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
It doesn't sound like mine when the injectors were bad, but I took mine off and hooked them up to a 12 volt battery and sprayed carb cleaner through them. I could tell they were partially plugged. After a few sprays of cleaner they cleared right up. I found some great YouTube videos on cleaning injectors that anyone who might need to clean theirs should take a look at. That is if they need help. I feel I'm in no position to help you, as I'm sure you have waaay more experience with sleds than I do. But at least might keep the conversation going and others might chime in.

Premium Features