• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Move forward

E
Dec 19, 2007
This latest build with a mototrax moved forward 4 inches. My heels will rub the paddles if I bend them down and in on purpose but my comfortable stance they don't touch.
The mtx suspension doesn't have a rear shock so it does a great job of keeping neutral ski pressure on varied terrain.

I rode back to back with a stock mototrax on a lighter 2 stroke and wasn't much difference. I really think if you are going to drastic measures like moving the track you should seriously try a marine tank first with a fuel pump and don't put any fuel up front. Get the weight off the front no handle bar bags front fender and no front mount turbo either.

20180426_132627.jpg 20180426_132609.jpg

E
Dec 19, 2007
This was my first and best build so far and if it wasn't a long track probably would be my only bike. Over the summer I might convert it to a short track. The pegs and bars are moved so far back I have to take my foot off the pegs to shift. It really feels balanced though and super comfortable stand up riding.

attachment.php

attachment.php

G
Apr 5, 2018
This latest build with a mototrax moved forward 4 inches. My heels will rub the paddles if I bend them down and in on purpose but my comfortable stance they don't touch.
The mtx suspension doesn't have a rear shock so it does a great job of keeping neutral ski pressure on varied terrain.

I rode back to back with a stock mototrax on a lighter 2 stroke and wasn't much difference. I really think if you are going to drastic measures like moving the track you should seriously try a marine tank first with a fuel pump and don't put any fuel up front. Get the weight off the front no handle bar bags front fender and no front mount turbo either.
While it's not night and day 4plus " foward will get you balance.It allows you to adjust weight trans of skid to react with drit bike feel.If you pull the ski back closer to track you notice change in way it turns.My bike rides higher on snow then bikes I ride with. The fact that I weigh 270 and they are less then 180.Still much to learn on overall handling of snowbikes.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
While it's not night and day 4plus " foward will get you balance.It allows you to adjust weight trans of skid to react with drit bike feel.If you pull the ski back closer to track you notice change in way it turns.My bike rides higher on snow then bikes I ride with. The fact that I weigh 270 and they are less then 180.Still much to learn on overall handling of snowbikes.

Duplicate

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

I’m curious how far forward I can get the ts under my rocket.

bce1405c999a4fcec6c1854ccfe1d97b.jpg

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Would love to move that one foward and see what would happen.Could you give info on how hp efected handling of bike. we all could learn much from your build.great job

Planning on 141x2.5 track this summer.
Cutting it convex
(Shortest stiff lug track in 2.5” paddle out there)
Less than Half the price of a cmx 137)
Plus I have some 3.0” pitch extrovert drivers on the shelf.

Tuck forward as much as possible. (Including cutting the lower frame crossbar)

Yz450f forks built to handle the weight.

Cut and turn the steering stem steeper (Maybe)

As far as horsepower and handling.
The more you get on it the better it gets.

Much more nimble than a sled motor bike that’s for sure.
Rockets have been concentrating on lowering rotating mass for a long time. 15000 rpms in third gear is pretty unstoppable.

It would be interesting to know what kind of trackspeed it makes. (Guessing high 40’s in mph)

Last edited:
G
Apr 5, 2018
Planning on 141x2.5 track this summer.
Cutting it convex
(Shortest stiff lug track in 2.5” paddle out there)
Less than Half the price of a cmx 137)
Plus I have some 3.0” pitch extrovert drivers on the shelf.

Tuck forward as much as possible. (Including cutting the lower frame crossbar)

Yz450f forks built to handle the weight.

Cut and turn the steering stem steeper (Maybe)

As far as horsepower and handling.
The more you get on it the better it gets.

Much more nimble than a sled motor bike that’s for sure.
Rockets have been concentrating on lowering rotating mass for a long time. 15000 rpms in third gear is pretty unstoppable.

It would be interesting to know what kind of trackspeed it makes. (Guessing high 40’s in mph)
I think you will find as you move skid foward you need less spring in front forks.back to stock 450 numbers.so much to learn.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I think you will find as you move skid foward you need less spring in front forks.back to stock 450 numbers.so much to learn.

That I4 600 has a little mass though. :)

Putting the ts heavy front spring in also.
Right now it has way too much preload.

Premium Features