• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TKI Belt Drive for Proclimb Released

SHOOT DEERE IT IS

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2013
WI
I saw on Facebook today that TKI has a belt drive kit for 2-stroke Proclimb that you can preorder. Price is $899 and includes reservoir for oil injection from what I understand. $850 without oil reservoir.

Here is what they said when asked why the Proclimb kit was more expensve the poo or doo-

"The proclimb kit will come with a new top bearing for the chain case, a speed sensor that will plug into the factory harness and also a 2 quart oil tank for sleds that use oil injection. That is why we had to increase price. We will be posting pictures of the kit very soon. You will not be disappointed."

Don't know much about belt drives but now that this is a little closer to my budget compared to a C3, how do they compare??

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
From what I hear he makes super legit kits. A couple of sledneck and boondocker riders were his guinea pigs and they swear by them. He sounds pretty reputable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I'm going to have one as well. For those not on Facebook, Tom is running a pre-season deal where you put down a $250 deposit and your drive will get built this spring/summer, set on the shelf, and be ready for when you call for it in the fall. Just have to finish payment. You also get a t-shirt with the deal.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
If I go with a belt drive it will be TKI. His stuff looks great, awesome rep, plus he's a local cat and I like supporting that.

What I'm curious about, and I think this will be helpful to a lot of people, is why does C3's kit come with stiffer motor mounts? Does changing the top chaincase bearing allow for TKI's kit to not need the stiffer motor mount? Maybe these are unrelated and the TKI kit comes with mounts also. I guess ultimately I'd like to understand:

1. Why does C3 use the stiffer mounts?
2. Why does TKI change the top bearing?

Thanks!!!!!

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
The c3 says that changing the motor mounts to stiffer durometer is necessary to keep the engine held down better. It also replaces the bearing in the top of the chain case for the jackshaft. It will be interesting to see how this kit pans out. I am really impressed with all of our c3 but I also don't like parting with money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
I think the C3 kit was changing the motor mounts to help fix the belt issues on the 12's and 13's, but with the 14's (mine at least) it is a non issue. I've got over 1300km on my original belt. I will be running the TKI belt drive next year, just can't decide on the injection delete before warranty is up or not...

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
Does anyone know if they are working on a kit for the 1100T or M9000. After going through 2 chain cases and gears this season and cat care not covering the second chain case I am VERY interested.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
If I go with a belt drive it will be TKI. His stuff looks great, awesome rep, plus he's a local cat and I like supporting that.

What I'm curious about, and I think this will be helpful to a lot of people, is why does C3's kit come with stiffer motor mounts? Does changing the top chaincase bearing allow for TKI's kit to not need the stiffer motor mount? Maybe these are unrelated and the TKI kit comes with mounts also. I guess ultimately I'd like to understand:

1. Why does C3 use the stiffer mounts?
2. Why does TKI change the top bearing?

Thanks!!!!!

The reason C3 had to change all the mounts was because of that special upper bearing in the chaincase. It is a misalignment ball bearing which means the shaft can be slightly angled going through it and it still works. This is how it has to be with the cat TCL and allowing the clutches and engine to theoretically move together with a fixed chaincase. The factory bearing is not sealed and relies on the chaincase oil to lubricate it. A misalignment sealed bearing didn't seem to exist that has the required dimensions to fit the chaincase and the jackshaft. So to get a sealed bearing up there, C3 had to go to a standard ball bearing and then had to hold the engine and TCL in place with stiffer mounts to keep from taking out the new standard bearing due to jackshaft misalignment. So C3 changes the jackshaft bearings too, they are just not special.

After a lot of searching, Tom was able to locate a sealed misalignment bearing with the right dimensions to put in the top of the chaincase. This is one of the reasons it took so long to develop his Cat kit. Labor time to install his kit should be less since you don't have to swap motor mounts.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
The reason C3 had to change all the mounts was because of that special upper bearing in the chaincase. It is a misalignment ball bearing which means the shaft can be slightly angled going through it and it still works. This is how it has to be with the cat TCL and allowing the clutches and engine to theoretically move together with a fixed chaincase. The factory bearing is not sealed and relies on the chaincase oil to lubricate it. A misalignment sealed bearing didn't seem to exist that has the required dimensions to fit the chaincase and the jackshaft. So to get a sealed bearing up there, C3 had to go to a standard ball bearing and then had to hold the engine and TCL in place with stiffer mounts to keep from taking out the new standard bearing due to jackshaft misalignment. So C3 changes the jackshaft bearings too, they are just not special.

After a lot of searching, Tom was able to locate a sealed misalignment bearing with the right dimensions to put in the top of the chaincase. This is one of the reasons it took so long to develop his Cat kit. Labor time to install his kit should be less since you don't have to swap motor mounts.

Thank you! This is exaclty what I was curious about and was speculating it had to due with the misalignment bearing.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
If it's anything like the XM kit ( silber turbo'd ) it will be money well spent. No issues and install was exceptional. The quality looks great.!!!
Had very detailed install and ratios are availible?

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
Thanks ..Shoot Deere it is
Post a pic when you see one on Facebook (I'm not on there)
TKI ...seems like a very good viable option ...good quality and great price !!!
I will need to address my broken chain case this summer !!

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Observations...

I installed a C3 drive in our backup M800 today, with the oil res. Already have one in my EVO boosted M1100 (for 1 1/2 seasons), & my wife's PRO RMK 660. With only 1600 miles, the M800 jackshaft bearings were screwed, and I suspect most J/S failures are due to all of the flexing going on, and the "wobble" bearings don't help. The C3 setup anchors the engine with new mounts, and the J/S is solid now with straight roller bearings on both sides.
TKI may have a great setup (haven't seen one in person), but the quality and thought that went into the C3 drive is impressive - it is more then a belt & pulley set...

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
TKI is a straight up guy and will answer all your questions with a no BS response. My experience at least.

predator800

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2010
Saskatoon, SK
I don't know. TKI just emailed a picture when I requested it. They were field tested on 12's 13's and a couple 14's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
Anybody know if this will work on the M6000. I know I would have to keep the oil injection but will Toms tank work with the new electronic injection? Thanks

Premium Features