• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

which bore kit is best?

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
I will next weekend. Back in MN for the Holidays this week... I will post up video next weekend... We have a few go pros so will find a nice hill and do video from a few different angles

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I will next weekend. Back in MN for the Holidays this week... I will post up video next weekend... We have a few go pros so will find a nice hill and do video from a few different angles

I have a fresh $100 + spot if any takers. Got no sno so let make some fun!:face-icon-small-ton.Theres no bad Karma here ,Like any performance Motor we run them and see how they pan out, All in good fun !!

Last edited:
T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
I have a fresh $100 + spot if any takers. Got no sno so let make some fun!:face-icon-small-ton.Theres no bad Karma here ,Like any performance Motor we run them and see how they pan out, All in good fun !!
Key word was RELIABLE .Did you help that poor dude get his 880 from bleeding green ?:argue: Lmao Cheers

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
We'll my trygstad went down at around 800 buddies etec 872 went around 600 to 700. 880 has 1232 and hasn't missed beat. Shr 860 I had 3 yrs ago is still running strong as well. I really don't think that's an issue anymore.. Fuel is now the issue

Last edited:
A
Dec 19, 2011
Sled head racing 860/880
trygstad 872
rktek 860
engine tech 860
split second 860

All great motors. If was spending 2 grand on a big bore. 880 hands down no brainer. When I can afford it. Its what Im doing

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
I have ridden with a 872 for the last couple seasons and it is pretty impressive when it was dialed in. Even when it was working its best I felt there was more there. For comparison I have a pretty good working 163 800 etec and for straight up climbing my buddies 154 872 would out climb it by a decent margin. Tukernator your all over these big bore threads like a bad rash. If i didn't know any better I would think you have a man crush on Dave Trygstad:heart::face-icon-small-hap

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
I have ridden with a 872 for the last couple seasons and it is pretty impressive when it was dialed in. Even when it was working its best I felt there was more there. For comparison I have a pretty good working 163 800 etec and for straight up climbing my buddies 154 872 would out climb it by a decent margin. Tukernator your all over these big bore threads like a bad rash. If i didn't know any better I would think you have a man crush on Dave Trygstad:heart::face-icon-small-hap
HAha jasonrev yours is next .We will finish this chat tonight FIGHT NIGHT.:gossip:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Sled head racing 860/880
trygstad 872
rktek 860
engine tech 860
split second 860

All great motors. If was spending 2 grand on a big bore. 880 hands down no brainer. When I can afford it. Its what Im doing

put things on prospective, The 880 shortfalls have been addressed, When the O ring grove is welded and re-cut outward using the 1.75mm O ring it has more Meat between the cylinder and O ring than the 872 and is pretty close to the 860 Meat. Zero failures and the extra CC,s provides for More HP. Plain and simple if both are equally tuned and clutched. Dont be mis lead that supposedly welding the grove creates any issues, The 880 moves more air and thats why they require a 15 pilot jet at altitude, Very strong intake signal.They will be run side by side soon and these threads will then change to discuss all the excusses! lol

T
Aug 8, 2011
Where can I get in on this?? We have our own kit and out west here it is destroying everything it runs against. 1600 miles on my etec big bore, still flawless.

Thanks.

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
I have an 872, can't comment on performance as I have zero miles on it but the engine is silky smooth even at idle. Dave has been more than helpful with all of my rookie questions as well.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Wanna bore my 08 summit but which is the better kit? Not power and torque necessarily, but most reliable? Lmk

no power, no torque, but reliable?

you're gonna want stock then.

maybe take some timing out if you wanna be real certain ;)

most bolt on bb's don't do much more than a well setup stocker. unless you only line up at hills and shoot straight up all day, and thats lame.

if you're not going all the way with twins, carbs, timing, case porting, race fuel i would just buy a bigger track and call it good. but thats me.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
no power, no torque, but reliable?

you're gonna want stock then.

maybe take some timing out if you wanna be real certain ;)

most bolt on bb's don't do much more than a well setup stocker. unless you only line up at hills and shoot straight up all day, and thats lame.

if you're not going all the way with twins, carbs, timing, case porting, race fuel i would just buy a bigger track and call it good. but thats me.

Care to put your money where your mouth is?

Premium Features