• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

skidoo upper a arms

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
I have a new set of a arms i would like to get out there. They are replacements to the stock uppers on the 38" a arms and from what ive tested and seen so far they really improve the ability to hold a side hill on the XP chassis. This spring i would like to get 5 sets out there and ridden on with reviews back on this forum if possible.
These will be Flat black powdercoated.
chromoly construction
TIG welded
I have one set of light weight ones left 1.2 LBS lighter per sled
The other 4 sets are equal to stock weight
I will build more this summer but would like these first sets to go to people that are still riding. Thanks
$120 shipped in the states

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Here they are installed on a sled. Keep in mind, this set is not powdercoated, just spray painted for testing.

20130416_094437_zps407fd6a4.jpg

20130416_094429_zpsb52b7451.jpg

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Also wanted to recommend some of the other mods I did that complement these a arms
  1. c3 steering post forward mod
  2. either the ds2 skis or polaris gripper skis( ds2 seem to work a little better on the chassis)
  3. steering geometry mod while the post is out

Last edited:

mx100

Lifetime Membership
Jun 16, 2010
Livingston, MT.
I am a believer!

I have an 09 with the S36 kit, and steering post forward mod. My 13 year old kid has an 08 with stock front end, and steering post forward mod. I have spent a little time on the new xm, and love it. Josh put a set of his upper A arms on my kids 08 and we went for a ride in 1 to 2 ft. of fresh with a really hard crust base under that.

I couldn't believe what it did to the 08. My kid also loved it, he thinks it's easier to hold a side hill than my 09 with the S36. What I noticed was when I side hill my S36, (or the stock 08) I still have to use quite a bit of upper arm strength to hold the ski's in the counter steer position, with Josh's A arm, I can hold the line with way less effort. My upper body is way more relaxed, and I feel like I can control the angle the sled is holding by the way I weight my boards, rather than counter steering harder. Hope that makes sense.

I still think even though the S36 is squirrely, it pulls over on it's side real easy, but because of the spindle angle, you still need to strong arm it to hold the line. I have been hounding Josh to build a set of upper arms for my S36 kit. I know he will eventually, but until then, I will be riding the Kids sled.

I have some video of Josh I will try to post.

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
Will these fit my 09 Hillclimb? I cant remember if these had a different stance then the regular summits or not. If they will consider me it. Let me know how to get them from ya.

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
How do they seem to work w/ crusted snow that the ski can't decide if it wants to ride on top or break through? That's the one spot I would like to see an improvement w/ my XP and where a Skinz front end would do better than stock moving the whole ski forward. Looks like they handle great w/ the other mods and conditions you were in. If they improve that somewhat crusted, breaking through back and forth type of conditions I'm referring to, I'd give them a try. I'll shoot you a pm. I'll wait and try a set for the 36" stance when you get them built.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
How do they seem to work w/ crusted snow that the ski can't decide if it wants to ride on top or break through? That's the one spot I would like to see an improvement w/ my XP and where a Skinz front end would do better than stock moving the whole ski forward. Looks like they handle great w/ the other mods and conditions you were in. If they improve that somewhat crusted, breaking through back and forth type of conditions I'm referring to, I'd give them a try. I'll shoot you a pm. I'll wait and try a set for the 36" stance when you get them built.

I would say that is more of a ski design type problem. From the riding ive done with them so far, They have been better in every aspect of mountain riding. We have had some crust out there this spring but more of the stuff you dont fall through so its tough to say.
This is one reason i would like to get a few of these in others hands befor the season is over. More Knowledge!

Nov 13, 2008
So basically what you've done with these a arms is to reduce the amount of caster on the spindle? Does this modification make it dart more on the trail?

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
since you want to use us for your try out , how about a money back guarantee, and I'm in, we still have plenty of snow here in wa state.

146ev

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
Just because I'm curious do you have a side by side comparison of the old a-arm and your new one? I'd be interested in a S36 set up but really don't want change back to a 38-40" stance to try it maybe when I wreck an a-arm in a tree I'll replace with these. :lol:

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Just because I'm curious do you have a side by side comparison of the old a-arm and your new one? I'd be interested in a S36 set up but really don't want change back to a 38-40" stance to try it maybe when I wreck an a-arm in a tree I'll replace with these. :lol:

hmmm. Ill see what i can do!

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
So basically what you've done with these a arms is to reduce the amount of caster on the spindle? Does this modification make it dart more on the trail?

I havent noticed it being any more darty, but i also dont ride trails very much. I personally liked the handling much better even on the trail

Premium Features