• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 summit 800 $8,999

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Not exactly sure all I know it was a mess so dealer recommended a new shortblock would be the best way to go!
I ask only because you both had same problem and fuel is a major player in the life of this motor. Av gas and a 20th shim under the needle saves probly 75% of these motors. even just a gal of av make a big diffrents ,are fuel is so hit and miss.Cheers

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
wow...i need to raise my prices...$2300 for a 550 fan and $4000 for a stock 800 at the stealers???

ALL 800 carb motored DOOs would live twice as long if 2 things are done ASAP...

1) adjust oil pump for 1 qt. oil per tank of fuel or a little better...

2) add a .020" shim to needle and drop mains 1 size...

the $8000 ptek XP is a killer deal...add a few mods...and itsa etec killer..just saying...BJ

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I ask only because you both had same problem and fuel is a major player in the life of this motor. Av gas and a 20th shim under the needle saves probly 75% of these motors. even just a gal of av make a big diffrents ,are fuel is so hit and miss.Cheers

We both have always run chevron 94 octane never anything else but I see your point!

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
wow...i need to raise my prices...$2300 for a 550 fan and $4000 for a stock 800 at the stealers???

ALL 800 carb motored DOOs would live twice as long if 2 things are done ASAP...

1) adjust oil pump for 1 qt. oil per tank of fuel or a little better...

2) add a .020" shim to needle and drop mains 1 size...

the $8000 ptek XP is a killer deal...add a few mods...and itsa etec killer..just saying...BJ

I was thinking the same, guy up here that does alot of skidoo work told me you can replace an 800 for under $2000.00 (not going to say his exact pricing) but no where close to $4000.

Now question Big John, you say drop the mains 1 size. As in 1 size leaner??? Not trying to argue you, but curious as to why? I always have prefered a tad rich versus too lean. Would rather sacrafice a little power than lean burn one down.

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I should clarify the motor was $2500 and then labour $800 and then I also had to replace my recoil and throttle cable plus a couple of other little things!

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
We both have always run chevron 94 octane never anything else but I see your point!

Your Chevron 94 octane is highly oxygenated up north. Take into account that it doesn't sell nearly as often as lower grades which leads to longer tank storage and quality goes south quick.

You would be better off running the Chevron 91. The splash of Av gas will help as well.

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Yes you and I Can get a 800R engine for under 2g's in the states and From CV-Teck with core.

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Your Chevron 94 octane is highly oxygenated up north. Take into account that it doesn't sell nearly as often as lower grades which leads to longer tank storage and quality goes south quick.

You would be better off running the Chevron 91. The splash of Av gas will help as well.

Maybe have to try this, but I am not up north Im in the lower mainland and we fill up where all the other sledders fill up, there are many sleds filling at the same pump so the gas should be moving in and out quite a bit! But I guess there is a chance bad gas could be in there!

Also where can I buy Avgas?

Last edited:
X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
I may have one available. Checked a '14 and not sure I will keep it, going to start a new house soon so....

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
What are the differences in the 2013 & 2014 Sport? They both have the S36 front end, right? Seems it is just the T-motion and track?

Thinking if I can find a discounted 2013 holdover that would be the way to go for a solid but cheap new sled. I'd probably ride it as is, but a Camo X3 is a tempting upgrade, and the t-motion is what like $300?

blastco2

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
se idaho
bjd68 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonddave

Maybe have to try this, but I am not up north Im in the lower mainland and we fill up where all the other sledders fill up, there are many sleds filling at the same pump so the gas should be moving in and out quite a bit! But I guess there is a chance bad gas could be in there!

Also where can I buy Avgas?

at an airport, usually a small town airport. bring a can, they won't pump it right into your sled, car, boat. about $2 per gallon more than pump gas. worth it. you said both of you fuel at the same place and both had the same failure? there is only one place here where I will buy sled gas and its not the place where most of the sledders in my area buy thier's. first, go to wiki and read the article titled "octane rating". then doo more research on gas.

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

Premium Features