• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any updates on the Trygstad 872R motor

R
Feb 5, 2008
I have been waiting to run mine due to lack of snow but it's looking pretty good now so this weekend will be my first ride on it, I'll give an update this weekend.

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Where are you at? I am in tog now... Pm me if you want. I would like to get your number... I live a couple miles from Dave

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
we have had one out and alls i can say is it a grunt monster running stock 1000 thunder shift arms that weigh 74 gram empty. It pulls very hard, this weekend we'll do some jetting and clutching and give ya a update.So far all I can say is he is very happy with the 872. Dave from Trystad has been outstanding very good to deal with no B.S he's never miss'd a call were running stock evrything even stock muffler, can you say sleeper .Thank you Trystad motor sports for making a motor that has such a huge torgue band o by the way it pulls very hard rate from the bottom 3400 rpm.

A
Dec 27, 2007
TRYGSTAD

I have been seriously considering the Trygstad engine but would like a fair comparison. What doo you have done to your sled Tukernator ? I have a 174 860 very very fast sled. Where are you riding this weekend ? I see your from B.C.I will be in Revy. :face-icon-small-hap

B
Feb 19, 2011
sounds like your loving it! glad to hear.

If you have a chance to compare it against some of the other BB's keep us imformed.

honest comparisons and reviews make for a better product for everyone in the end, thanks!

R
Feb 5, 2008
Had my 872 out for it's first ride last weekend and as said above it's has tons of torque. I only have about 50 miles on it so far so I took it pretty easy and didn't do any long hard pulls but what little bit I did get on it I was very impressed. Went with what Dave told me as far as jetting and it seems spot on don't thing I'll change anything there. I'm also runing stock pipe but with hps can. I have a lil tuning to do with the clutches but other than that is seems pretty solid. I'll be riding with another 860BB this weekend an a etec so we will see how they compare.

Sledsrock I see you live in GJ as well maybe we can meet up and ride sometime and compare your 860.

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
I have been seriously considering the Trygstad engine but would like a fair comparison. What doo you have done to your sled Tukernator ? I have a 174 860 very very fast sled. Where are you riding this weekend ? I see your from B.C.I will be in Revy. :face-icon-small-hap
The sleds owned by a buddy of mine but were ride 3000F to 6000F as it sits it a 08 154 need to put a solid 3 to 4 hundred miles before we'll get on it hard daves want a good break in period,but so far we've added ALOT of weight and need to jet down atleast 3 sizes.Update monday.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Had my 872 out for it's first ride last weekend and as said above it's has tons of torque. I only have about 50 miles on it so far so I took it pretty easy and didn't do any long hard pulls but what little bit I did get on it I was very impressed. Went with what Dave told me as far as jetting and it seems spot on don't thing I'll change anything there. I'm also runing stock pipe but with hps can. I have a lil tuning to do with the clutches but other than that is seems pretty solid. I'll be riding with another 860BB this weekend an a etec so we will see how they compare.

Sledsrock I see you live in GJ as well maybe we can meet up and ride sometime and compare your 860.

That would be saweeet! I seemed to have lost most of my ride buddy's this year due to the economy, between that, work and the crap snow. I ride saturdays when I ride, so keep in touch I would like to see that thing go!

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO

anyone run the etech yet. I think an trygstad 872 won or place at jackson last year. i am pondering the etech but am a little worried about fueling

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
anyone run the etech yet. I think an trygstad 872 won or place at jackson last year. i am pondering the etech but am a little worried about fueling

what pistons does this motor run?

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Ed fast yes a 872 did place very well in jackson hole. I did a boat load of reseach on all big bores i even chatted with guys thats had all the big bores that were very helpfull[byeatts]gave me the most info,thanks byeatts.I may have not went with some people first choice, but i went with what made more sence to are riding.I dont want twins in the mountains ever again ive always been single for mountains and twins for drag racing.just my thoughts but we will be trying a single pipe as per byeatts suggested.I'm only the mech helping a buddy, but love what we see so far and runs so smmoooooth.Call him 1-507-281-3545

Last edited:
T

Trigger223

Mar 16, 2011
pistons

what pistons does this motor run?

Bob why do you ask questions as this and pm my customers concerning parts I use? As in the past I am sure you are looking for another reason to bash my products or forward information to your engine builder friend BJ.

FYI - Motors have windings, Engines have pistons,

Dave Trygstad

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Bob why do you ask questions as this and pm my customers concerning parts I use? As in the past I am sure you are looking for another reason to bash my products or forward information to your engine builder friend BJ.

FYI - Motors have windings, Engines have pistons,

Dave Trygstad

Was simply asking if it was a cast or forged piston, Do you really wish for the reasons I don't support your workmanship to surface?

Last edited:

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Keep us posted on those side by side test this weekend. I want to pull the trigger on a BB so I can salvage the rest of the season and get to that Canadian Forum Ride. Seriously though, get out there and test it out.

Premium Features