• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track on 09 XP --- rubbing issue

F
Dec 10, 2007
I have a new 09 XP and I've noticed the track is rubbing and starting to pull strings from the track. After this last ride I noticed that it actually took out a small chunk from the track.

I called the local service department and they said this is common. Some of the sleds went out with elevated bolts instead of the flush ones.

Anyone heard of this, and if so, was the track replaced. The dealer said it was all under warranty, but I thought I'd ask you guys too.

(Here's some more info on the track. The string being pulled out on the track is about 2-3 inches. It is happening at almost every row of lugs. The chunk that hanging was about 3.5-4"" long and about 1/8-1/4' wide.)

Sorry I don't have a picture.

Could this be a suspension issue as well?

Y

yam_apex91469

Jan 24, 2007
Byron, IL
i have small chunks out of each lug on the right side - noticed it after 700 miles - thought it was rubbing on the rivets. I am going to take it to my dealer - see what they say

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
My 08 has been doing that since new. 2800 miles on it and it hasn't made any difference. Sucks when your out in the garage staring at it though.
The track is pretty tough. I use rocks and trees for traction and it has held up well. Next year I'd like to put on a camoplast extreme 2.5 and when I do I will replace all of those stupid little rivets that stick out and are causing the damage.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i think it's the bumper bolts. why is it on the right side all the time. i will replace mine with some pan head allen bolts and see if that helps

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
i got the right side sqweek,rub.theres only like an 1/8 play on each side.kinda hard to keep that centered.i have allmost flush plastic caps on the bumper bolts

Last edited:
D

depsnolvr

Nov 26, 2007
Its the bumper bolts, just switch out the four bolts with flush ones and you will no longer rub.

Premium Features