• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Lightweight parts for the 14 m8?

B

Bkinz

May 14, 2009
Lewiston,ID
Which light weights parts should I do on my 14? Thinking of the diamond s ti can and mesh hood which is a good start, 31lb drop is great but is there anywhere else I'm over looking?

Thanks

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
The one reason I'm hesitant on the belt drive is that with a Ti can you just took 36lbs off the right side of the sled. So now the clutch side is way more heavy along with the gyro effect the clutches add. Has anyone noticed any negative effects of this difference in weight per side, or am I just over thinking this?

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
I would think about the bdx spindle kit. I'm doing a belt drive on mine and the spindle kit.:face-icon-small-win

rockymtnboy

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2010
gods country, bc
diet Pepsi Marlboro and some crack should loose u a few lbs
crack is expensive...... i have the evo can and belt drive and it is noticable easier to go one way because of the weight but it doesn't have any neg effects in my mind. maybe a shock revalve would be enough? not sure, just chuck'n that out there.....

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Every sled i have ever rode is that way. Doesn't matter what it is. They all have the motor and clutches offset to that side. If I remember right from the deep powder challenge this year the cat was the most balanced, and the pro was the most unbalanced. No one seems to complain about that.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--The Pro not only has clutches but also the oil tank on the belt shield.

--Pro has clutches and oil tank on the left with wimpy belt drive the right. The Cat will be just fine....

Premium Features