• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Arctic Cat M8000 Review

B

Blaksled

Sep 11, 2011
I've had the privilege to ride the new 2015 Arctic Cat M8000, I can't stress how much better the sled is than the 2014. The suspension works really well, its plush in the initial part of the stroke yet has good bottom out resistance and no longer feels like you're riding a board. The clutching and engine mapping is also really smooth and makes great power. Overall, I was super impressed with the sled. Arctic Cat hasn't gotten as much hype they deserve IMO, the 2015 M8000 is a full-on ripper!!!! Definitely worth checking out before snow-checking.

In your video, you say it handles somewhere between the Poo and Doo. Can you elaborate on the specifics in handling? Mainly in the tree riding department. Take into consideration, your abilities in comparison to 95% of the rest of us. I thought I was all that and a bag chips, then I rode with Rene St Jonge. I got schooled big time!! Lol. What I'm saying is you guys make everything look easy, and at twice the speed.

J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com
In your video, you say it handles somewhere between the Poo and Doo. Can you elaborate on the specifics in handling? Mainly in the tree riding department. Take into consideration, your abilities in comparison to 95% of the rest of us. I thought I was all that and a bag chips, then I rode with Rene St Jonge. I got schooled big time!! Lol. What I'm saying is you guys make everything look easy, and at twice the speed.

I look at the machines on a spectrum for handling where the Ski Doo has very distinct handling characteristics and the Polaris has fairly distinct handling characteristics. The AC feels like a bridge between the two. The Ski Doo has edge to edge transfer that is well suited for downhill descents which defines the big mountain riding style. The Polaris holds an edge like no other and is likely the best conventional mountain sled. The Cat feels like it splits the difference between the two, its a fairly good big mountain sled with handling characteristics that don't feel that far off from a Polaris.

I'm convinced you can get used to anything you have and make it work for you. Any new sled will feel foreign if you haven't built up muscle memory around its handling. Once you get them figured out, the differences don't seem to be as big an issue, however each sled certainly has its sweat spots.

Premium Features