• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What would you do?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The debate over 7T drivers is that some think the extra clearance in the tunnel for snow evacuation is better, and some think the reduced rolling resistance of the 8Tdrivers is better. Ideally a dropped chaincase with 8T drivers would be the best of both. Only way to know would be to have identical sleds, mods, snow conditions, corrected gearing, etc. and test them back to back. Has anyone been able to do this?

Only similar comparison I've heard about was a watercross guy changed his 1.25" track to a 1.75" to try. Sounded like the added resistance from the extra water being carried in was pushing back on the front of the tunnel so much that he had to change back. Even though it's liquid water and not snow, I think it still gives merrit to the argument and is worth consideration.

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
The debate over 7T drivers is that some think the extra clearance in the tunnel for snow evacuation is better, and some think the reduced rolling resistance of the 8Tdrivers is better. Ideally a dropped chaincase with 8T drivers would be the best of both. Only way to know would be to have identical sleds, mods, snow conditions, corrected gearing, etc. and test them back to back. Has anyone been able to do this?

Only similar comparison I've heard about was a watercross guy changed his 1.25" track to a 1.75" to try. Sounded like the added resistance from the extra water being carried in was pushing back on the front of the tunnel so much that he had to change back. Even though it's liquid water and not snow, I think it still gives merrit to the argument and is worth consideration.

X2 thanks for savings me the typing

Premium Features