• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what lifespan are people getting on a-arm bushings?

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I've rode an m7 for the past 8 years so I know cat a arm bushings are crap, but on that sled I've replaced them 2-3 times in 4600 miles. I bought a 2014 in February and up riding yesterday I got stuck and when grabbing the ski to get her unstuck I noticed the lower a arm bushings are toast. The sled has a whopping 230 miles on it and there is all kinds of slop. Is this typical for the new chassis? Also Is this something that would be warrantied? I've never used a warranty so not sure what they'll cover or not, but would think with this low of miles it should be covered. I know there's probably better options but I figure if I got the warranty might as well use it if I can.

C

catf1000s/p

Dec 30, 2011
I have changed mine out 4 times, I checked a brand new sled on the showroom floor and one side was already loose, the bushing are cheap money and pretty easy to change, installed with grease and they didn't last long either, I do have 13,000 miles on my sled so thats about every 4,000 miles a set

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I dropped it off at the dealer today, so we'll see what cat says. I know there cheap and easy to replace but figure if I got the warranty might as well try to use it, especially with as low of miles is on it. If they don't replace them or if they do and don't last long I'll see if I can't make some better ones at work.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Bparks on here makes and sells better bushings for both the cats and Polaris sleds. Like $75 for the full set shipped, if I remember right. Well worth the money and last much longer. Search for his threads or PM him.

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
I replaced mine last year and the new ones didn't feel any better....just the nature of the beast they feel loose and sloppy

Premium Features