• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what is the diff an 800 ptec vs 800 etec

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I have heard of more stuff like Bendy and fredw are posting than 174. My dealer is running an Aero right now but lack of snow is hindering the set up and evaluation. WE NEED SNOW!

C
Dec 9, 2010
Black Hills
Fuel injection is quicker throttle response. Carbs will make more peak power than fuel injection if all else remains constant. Carbs are easier to work on at home and cheaper. Fuel injection doesnt need to be worked on nearly as often and I will be damned if the FI isn't nice.

Get off the pot dude. Carbs fuel delivery happens AFTER a change in air flow across the venturi. Fuel injection changes fuel delivery instantly with fuel pressure being provided by a pump and electronically controlled injectors. Both systems can provide crisp throttle response but FI is quicker.

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
Have you ever picked up a stock CAN???? And the air box??? They are both removed. They are very heavy. We are useing the areocharger. Maybe its lighter. OK,,, maybe a LITTLE weight agin,,,, but not much.

OOPS! I was wrong again... The Felker turbo setup is coming in at 12 LBS lighter... Not really any extra sooper light adds....

Premium Features