• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Doo XP VS. Polaris Pro

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
I am not debating. I like them all. What do you see that makes the pro get on the snow better? What is the difference from the rest? I have not seen it yet. I have looked them over pretty well and the all look really close in track, susp, and ski department. My daily ride is a stock 08 xp, comes in at 512 lbs ready to ride. Is it because I am as light as a pro?

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Let's be honest here, which is easier to fix ? Handling or horsepower ? To most people, it's horsepower. IMHO and every open-minded rider I've talked to, the Pro IS easier to throw around in any situation. Polaris nailed the chassis and the HP difference is easy to overcome, especially considering how much better the Pro pops on top of the snow vs. the XP. As a matter of fact, three hard core Doo boys in my small town are all jumping ship after riding the Pro and snow checking '12 Pros.

For what I see, the pro is easier to throw around, To me that doesn't make it better. I like the feel of the stability of the xp on a side hill etc. To me, that is better. Key words..."to me". That is my point of handling being an opinion. I love the feel of a pro better in lots of areas, I just can't do everything I want on one, and don't want to spend the time or money to make so. I can on a doo. An opinion only.

Back to topic......The difference...........nothing. The difference is in the rider, conditions, set-up etc. etc.

Premium Features