• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PRO-RMK -vs- XP ETEC 800 head to head

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Spent some time on the Pro today. This thing is for real. Power everywhere. If I took a swing at the butt dyno horsepower I would say 155. The chassis is amazing, it goes right where you tell it to go. It gets up on plane super fast, does not dive like the IQ does. Really stable lots of power. Makes me want to stop putting money into my sled to save up for a Pro. I have been on the following sleds:
-2002 Cat 1m 800
-2005 Ski Doo Summit-X 800
-2009 Polaris Assault (current sled).
(I am showing that I will ride ANY brand).

I have spent a some decent time on the XP as well. I honestly think the chassis sets the Pro apart. I am interested in the Etec but the bottom line is that the XP doesn't handle like the PRO. Sure you can get it to sidehill, but the Pro is so much easier. If you are comfortable on your sled, that is great. Keep it, but I really like the Pro.

This is good because the bar has just been raised again, hopefully other manufactures will step up and raise it again.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
cool.are comparing to a new xp?.the 2011s are 4 inches narrower than last year.

Last edited:
A

aadougie

Nov 26, 2007
Bigfork, Montana
cool.are comparing to a new xp?.the 2011s are 4 inches narrower than last year.
I had an '09 XP (I haven't ridden the '11..) and could sidehill in the conditions shown in the video all day too, but I'd be alot more whipped at the end of the day from fighting to keep it in a small balance window so it wouldn't throw me down the hill - the Pro is just better balanced and easier to ride in technical stuff. We all know if you only want to hill climb you can just keep spending money 'til you're on the top - big deal... Slap a turbo on the Pro and get back to me on that!

BTW - I think one of the reasons the Pro works so good is it's not dragging as much stuff in the snow when you put it on it's side - side panels, boards, etc. The Pro just doesn't seem to plow as much snow - some have referred to it as "getting up on the snow quicker..." I don't know if it's weight, chassis design, clutching or what but the Pro is just not working as hard as my old Doo to get up on the snow.

Premium Features