• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 m8000 dies, will restart after a few minutes

D
Jan 21, 2016
Was riding Wyoming this weekend and sled ran great, made a pull up a hill and once I got on top and started turning around it died on me. Restarted for a minute or so then died again. Towed back and continued the same symptoms. Got home and tore into it and found and won't start at all now. Found one plug wire on mag side rubbed through by the pull rope. Will one plug wire off shut down the whole works?

D
Jan 21, 2016
Fixed plug wire and all new plugs, now runs again but back to same situation idles fine the just dies like someone hit a switch. No tether on it. Throttle play seems to be fine. Will unplug TSS next and try that

D
Jan 21, 2016
Now have no spark at all, checked the grounds I can find, tried it with kill switch disconnected, tried with TSS disconnected. Removed my power Commander. Headlights light up a bit so I assume the stator is okay

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Take the connectors apart coming out of the stator, and pull on each wire to make sure it is seated all the way in. It wouldn't hurt to pull the stator out and make sure there aren't any broken wires if you don't find anything when unplugging connectors.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I loosened mine up for that very reason. Interestingly, my TPS reading was the exact same with the cable lose enough to be able to lower my bars or raise my bars without an RPM increase or decrease.

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Like stated above, check all harnessing from stator and Ecu. Make sure all pins are securely locked into their position in their connector. Every once in awhile I have seen a pin installed with the lock on the opposite side so it can wiggle back even though the connectors are still secure fastened.

D
Jan 21, 2016
Pins all look good from what I've seen so far, will do some more digging tomorrow night, anyone have a good explanation on how to test the stator on these? Can't find any write up on what the resistance values should be on this particular one. Also I may have an M8000 for sale real soon lol

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Pins all look good from what I've seen so far, will do some more digging tomorrow night, anyone have a good explanation on how to test the stator on these? Can't find any write up on what the resistance values should be on this particular one. Also I may have an M8000 for sale real soon lol

Service manual has all the info you need. Country cat has them in PDF form on their website under tech info. How much are you selling it for? Haha

D
Jan 21, 2016
Looking like a stator, have resistance values out of spec on one of the charge coils. Any recommendations on aftermarket stators? Don't want to bite the bullet for a cat one

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Looking like a stator, have resistance values out of spec on one of the charge coils. Any recommendations on aftermarket stators? Don't want to bite the bullet for a cat one
ebay or look for a part out, most will fit 08-16 m8 and m1k

mightymoko

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Denver Colorado

Just got one for an m7 from rm stator 200 bucks . Fired right up and ran good all day. Just look up rm stator see what they have.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Kev's stators are better than RM , two year warranty and heavier windings. Downside is you have to wait for his rebuild and shipping out of Canada.

D
Jan 21, 2016
I'll get a stator ordered and hopefully get rolling again. This really left a sour taste in my mouth in cats.. Especially reading all the other electrical issues that people are having.. Someone convince me to keep this thing lol. I got a smoking deal on it so I could probably make a few bucks and get into a Polaris

Premium Features