• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris XLT tripple mod sled???

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
I think a turbo is my next step, just trying to figure out which engine i can get that is light, powerful, torquey, and can handle a turbo - was thinking 670HO if i can find one - supposed to bolt in fairly easily.

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Made my tunnel extension - just have to weld in the grab bar between the side rails.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Do you suppose you would need an additional cross bar between the rails between the rear scissor mount and the rear idlers? Seams like the OEM does this to tie the rails together. I know, more weight, but it might keep some flex down between the two rails.

M
Awesome man I did a drop and roll and 151 track on mine last year and I love it needs some dialing in tho I think I need to drop a gear and the rear suspension has never been right after moving the skid back. Also bought some longer shocks for the front and raised it a bit to.

M
Heres My 91 SKS has the 670 rotax, dropped and rolled chaincase,151 track, X10 front shocks
p_00286.jpg

p_00288.jpg

p_00287.jpg

p_00289.jpg

Need a pic with the tunnel extension on

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Looks awesome, my sled is almost done, some odds and ends to clean up, carbon fibre parts to make today and then synch carbs, cut and fit pipes.

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Needle and seats, just as a maintenance item? or do you see an issue?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yeah, that needs done ever so often.

XLTs are NOTORIOUS for filling the case with fuel if they sit for very long with the fuel valve left on. They are hard to start when they have a 1/2 gallon of gas in them. LOL.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
It's handy to have socket and extensions to reach the drain plugs at the front of the motor to drain these out. I got screwed out of an awesome day in McCall because my motor was fuel-locked. I had always ridden from the house and I had to trailer up to this park, after leaving the fuel valve on, the road trip up filled the case.

Premium Features