• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQ seat and tank??

P
Dec 6, 2007
Beausejour, MB
Hi, there was a guy on Snowmobile Fanatics who did the same thing to a 93 or 94 XLT. The tank does not fit into the hoop, but he fit the tank up against the hoop and bolted the tank down. The IQ/Fusion tanks have tabs where you can bolt the tank down. He had a Fusion seat mounted on it. The seat also held the tank in place.
I'm doing a similar mod to my 98 XC700. I've got a Fusion tank and Fusion RMK seat. I've got the shovel rack plastic and taillight from the RMK also. My 98 has the coolant hose going across the rear of the tunnel, so the RMK seat fits well. I am going to attempt to modify the hoop or build a new one so the tank will fit inside. With the Fusion tanks, you need to block off the fuel pump hole with a plate and drill and tap a hole for the pickup hose. Or you can find a tank from a 600 Shift or similar non-fuel injected sled. I haven't started the mod yet, but did a mockup in the spring. Here's pics of my sled, plus I found the ones I saved from the guy on Snowmobile Fanatics of his XLTs.
Dave

IMG_5674 (Large).JPG IMG_5677 (Large).JPG IMG_5676 (Large).JPG Fusion seat-Dragon tank.jpg mods2.jpg

P
Dec 6, 2007
Beausejour, MB
Drill through the front tabs and bolt the front of the tank to the tunnel. I believe that the XLTs in my photos above just have 4 bolts holding them down and the tanks are butted up against the steering hoop. That would be the easiest way. I haven't started on mine yet.
I circled the front tab on the attached picture.
Dave

06 fusion tank.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i have the same IQ fuel tank as in the pics above...and even the same blue seat its from an RMK, not a Fusion seat in the pics...there is NO taillight on the seat..

i also have the grey underseat tray as in pics if you want that as well...

if anyone is interested...shoot me an offer via PM

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
the velcro idea is pretty nice...wouldnt hurt to do that to the iq chassis as well...there is nothing upfront that hold the tank "IN"...just holds it down, and then the 2 bolts you talked about...

great work..

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
There are some IQ seats for sale at SLP. I just got the flyer yesterday. I think they are take-offs.

P
Dec 6, 2007
Beausejour, MB
Well I got my seat and tank mounted in. I wound up building a bracket off the hoop from a front bumber support to hold the top of the tank down. Also a buddy of mine pointed out the BOSS seats are held down with velcro. So I picked up some 4 inch wide strips and used that to mount the front of the tank to the tunnel. With that and the rear bolts on the tank and the bracket I made, it feels very solid.

The hardest part actually wound up being figuring out how to mark the new holes for the bolts that hold down the seat.

I will try to post up some pictures. I'm also planning on starting a thread in the members build section on mine. it is three years in the process of modding and as of now there is nothing on it that has not been modified.

thanks for all the imput on this seat and tank option.

Yes, please post pics soon! How does the sitting position feel?
Thanks!

VTMTcowboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
The seat looks great! Definitely keep posting pics as you progress to the finished product of the completed sled.

Premium Features