• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quick Drive gear down with Pro pulleys.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Use the "zip tie" method on the belt while installing, it will slip on with zero issues if you get the belt adjusted perfect, I change mine in about 5 min.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Yes the whole battery and the Tray has to come out so you can pull the lower gear completely off of the lower shaft - The zip-tie method works- and replace rear lower bolt at a min....
FWIW- I have a new set of 15 pro pulleys and belt - Replaced with TKI kit when new....

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Yes the whole battery and the Tray has to come out so you can pull the lower gear completely off of the lower shaft - The zip-tie method works- and replace rear lower bolt at a min....
FWIW- I have a new set of 15 pro pulleys and belt - Replaced with TKI kit when new....

What is the zip tie method? And why replace the lower bolt?
Do you remember what size and length the bolt is?

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
What is the zip tie method? And why replace the lower bolt?
Do you remember what size and length the bolt is?

You wrap a zip tie around the belt just below the top gear to help keep the belt in the proper shape so the gears slides on easier.

The bolt is a one and done item according to Polaris. Also there are stronger bolts that can be used. I haven't heard of a axys bolt failing like a pro rmk lower bolt.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
You wrap a zip tie around the belt just below the top gear to help keep the belt in the proper shape so the gears slides on easier.

The bolt is a one and done item according to Polaris. Also there are stronger bolts that can be used. I haven't heard of a axys bolt failing like a pro rmk lower bolt.

get ARP bolts

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Using the pro belt on the pro gears? Or using the axys belt on the pro gears?

A
Jan 6, 2017
Alaska
This thread really has me thinking about doing this. I ride in deep pow 90 percent of the time so gearing down could help out a lot. So stock belt, Pro ride gears... did anyone have to re-weight their clutching?

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Well after a full day yesterday of riding at 7500 feet with pretty good conditions, maybe 1-2 feet powder over a good base here is my final set up after messing around with the clutching a LOT over time.

16 axys
SLP pipe, diamond can 163"
primary... MTX weights, 68 gr
primary spring 125/333 titanium,or slp blue/pink
secondary.. helix 56--40 .36
black/purple spring, 2 delrins

Sled pulled 8450-8500 on the flats up there and 8250-8350 in hard climbs.

all in all I really like the gear down, allows full shift out a bit better and nice low end grunt improvement, however it is in no way a necessity as sled really runs great with the pipe can combo, basicly runs better than my friends 13 pro with the stage 4 slp kit.

Premium Features