• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quick Drive gear down with Pro pulleys.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Have a gear down kit for my Pro (that the son never uses), so thinking of swapping them out, and using the Pro gears in my Axys.
Pretty curious to see how this will work… :face-icon-small-hap

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Got them installed, so far really like the better low end grunt, they went right on with the belt/ziptie trick, ezpz for 100.00 on ebay its pretty much a no brainer if you want to gear down a bit for boondocking :face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-coo

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Got them installed, so far really like the better low end grunt, they went right on with the belt/ziptie trick, ezpz for 100.00 on ebay its pretty much a no brainer if you want to gear down a bit for boondocking :face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-coo

Kewl, did u gain any trax speed? Was clutching and rpms improved, pls share your technical observations.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Kewl, did u gain any trax speed? Was clutching and rpms improved, pls share your technical observations.

As of yet we have not had a good powder day to go ride in so I could give a good opinion as to track speed ect, as soon as we get a good day of riding i'll report back.

L. Perry

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2015
I put the pro drive on my 17 163 with a Boondocker sidekick. Rode Cooke City right after the big dump. I was very impressive in the trees. Very responsive off the bottom, did over-rev once climbing a real steep pull in probably 40 inches of powder. Put some 10-70 weights in but haven't ridden it since. So far pretty happy.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
My buddy is trying the pro gears on his axys today at lower elevation 2000-5000' , going to leave the stock helix, springs and the 10-70 weights in it for a far comparison.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Well for sure the pro gears give a snappy bottom end, and help with belt life. The sled we put the pro rmk gears in always pulls cords in deep snow. Today was chest deep with wet heavy snow, and no belt issues. Can't tell a rpm difference because we all were down a couple hour. So far nothing bad about this gear down.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
My findings are Inconclusive, sno is chit, we warm weather come through than got cold and just about a foot of pow on top in places, not real world testing condtions.

F
Oct 20, 2015
North Pole Alaska
Thinking about doing this eventually to my sled. I got Electric start. is it possible to do the swap without pulling the battery out? Haven't really messed around in that area much but it does look a bit tight.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Thinking about doing this eventually to my sled. I got Electric start. is it possible to do the swap without pulling the battery out? Haven't really messed around in that area much but it does look a bit tight.

If you cant clearly get at the lower drive and pull it out, than yes its goyta come out, plus u might wanna get a second set of hands to help put both gears on at the same time.

Premium Features