• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

gps mount

J

jkpolaris

Nov 27, 2007
hey guys i just got my new gps a oregon 450 t and i was wondering if any of you have put a mount on your handle bars and what kind you went with?
thanks
joe

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
Mine is down on the dash near the speedo- I opted not to mount on the handlebars because if (when) you roll your sled you can knock it off or lose your GPS in the snow. Having it mounted on the dash, I have it set so I can see it easy when riding but the handlebars protect it if I roll my sled.

Headrush

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
I mount mine on my backpack and if I need to use just peel it off and attach to the handlebars until i dont need it anymore.

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I've got a Garmin 76csx that I put in a RAM mount. However, due to my own negligence I almost lost it one day....I now use a lanyard and attach it to my handlebars just in case I'm stupid enough to make the same mistake. :) Used correctly, the RAM mounts are awesome.

I've also hardwired my gps to a remote control car battery (7.2V, 1150 mAh, NiMH) underneath the hood, where it stays warm. This gives me a loooooong battery life and no concern of tapping into my sled's electrical system, while also providing continuous backlight display (only way to get continuous backlight is through external power).

R

River Ratt

Oct 27, 2008
Markerville AB
I use Ram Mounts water resistant box for my Garmin 276C, I use this same set up on my ATV's and boats also, it is very adjustable so you can see it while riding standing up or sitting down, and is protected by the handle bars incase you roll the sled.

GPS Mount 1.JPG GPS Mount 2.JPG GPS Mount 3.JPG Shanna on Pro.JPG

Premium Features