• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

help junk the hac

K
Nov 29, 2007
kelowna bc
trying to help a buddy out here..his wife rides a 98 670 sumt.. the hac is doing so strange crap..so we want to pull it..jet for where she rides and run it..but where do all the lines go? we pull the vac line but then it dont pull revs..anyone that can help..please

K
Nov 29, 2007
kelowna bc
you need to plug the vac line. remove the carb vent lines just have them drop besides the carbs like a NON HAC carb. AND then, rejet. HAC equiped sleds are jetted for -40, really fat.

BTW, If you wana get rid of the HAC, I may be interested.

so both jets? mains and piolts are that fat? it has a rich bog from 1/4 to 1/2 ..allways has

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
HAC calibration

There is a way to check the calibration on the HAC canister. This is considered a routine maintenance item per BING, the OEM.

Simply measure the the depth of the needle, in mm, then using your present altitude, barometric pressure and air temp, there is a chart that shows what the measurement should be.

If you need more info let me know. There is another thread or two here where I provided more info as well.

Premium Features