• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 crossfire 7 snopro

J
Dec 29, 2007
hey my buddy is wanting to put a longer track on his crossfire but he in unsure if this will fit? he want to put a 2 1/2 lug track on it but unsure of the clearance??

W

woodies

2 inch is no problem we do lots and strech to 144 i doubt 2.5 will fit unless you change drivers

W

woodies

hey bearcat hows the snow over there, on thread reply.is the m7 smaller sprockets?i know 3 inch spaceing but are they physical smaller?

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
We don't have enough snow but luckily there's a lot more at north :)

CF has 9 tooth 2,62" sprockets and M 8 tooth 3". If you calculate sprocket circumferences you get: 9*2,62=23,58 and 8*3=24. This means M sprockets are actually little bigger (longer circle). So if M can run 2.5 lugs, CF should also :) But the extroverts are way better...

I changed my CF to 144" with 2" lugs and noticed there's not much space over rear arm when you press it totally in. Those higher brackets gives more space over the rear arm.

whithj

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
No, the stock Xfire rear swing arm is basically the same width of the tunnel for the stock drop brackets. The M has a wider rear swing arm by around 1".
If you look closely the M drop brackets, they angle away from the tunnel by around .5" on each side.

H
Dec 30, 2007
I own a 2007 crossfire 8, I am currently running a polaris 2.4 144. The track fits fine. Stock drivers. I did find that the 60/60 gears were to tall, causing excessive belt heat in heavy snow. Now running 55/65 gears, much better.

Premium Features