• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rivet guns

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Harbor freight is hard to beat for the price. I have had mine for 10 years I bet. It's the only air tool that I have bought from HF that has lasted

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Harbor freight rivet gun for this guy also 10+ yrs . But now I'm going to have to look into the Milwaukee cordless one. Dam it another cordless tool to go buy.

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
A manual riveter is needed for the tight spots that a pneumatic riveter will not fit in. The pneumatic Harbor Freight riveter works very well and you can't beat the price. I like using the pneumatic Huck riveter but they're hard to justify because of the price if you don't use one a lot. They can also pull a 1/4" rivet. If you plan on using a riveter quite a bit check out the cleco fasteners too. They work great when you have quite a few rivets to do all at once.

https://www.amazon.com/Huck-AK175A-Air-Hydraulic-Power-Riveter/dp/B000W8HDV4

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I broke the jaws in my harbor freight gun. Turned out in mine used the same size jaws that are in a cheap hand held arrow riveter.
I use alot of stainless rivets, and even those closed end stainless ones that leave a cute nipple end. I used to buy them from cr raceing

S

srx_600

Apr 16, 2009
South Dakota
I also use the Harbor freight one and have done countless racecar bodies. Zero issues other than 1 rebuilt on it for prevent maint.

I
Dec 21, 2016
Harbor Freight 1/4” pneumatic riveter; not sure why they sell the 3/16” model, when the 1/4” version comes with collets for all common shank sizes. Mine even included extra jaws, but I haven’t needed them. This thing is on my short list of best tools I’ve bought at HF, for sure. It pulls even the heavy duty steel rivets with ease.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I got one that chucks in any drill (corded or cordless, pneumatic, hydraulic, drill press most anything with a three jaw chuck, and is reversible, lol). It's a Heavy Duty Rivedrill. I've pulled tens of thousands of hardened steel chassis rivets by hand. I deserved a cheap puller! But not Harbor freight cheap!

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Harbor freight 1/4" is surprisingly good. Their smaller one is junk. I just bought the Milwaukee battery powered, and even though spec rating isnt that of the HF 1/4, it works really well. No issues pulling all common sled pop rivets. And so much easier and more compact to use over air tools.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I borrowed some crappy harbor freight thing from a friend in 2011 and it just will, not, die.

I have no idea. He never asked for it back because he assumed I killed it but damn, like 5 sleds later, tunnel piece replacements, running boards on all of them, multiple cooler and rack projects.

I'm starting to think they're made by satan and I'm failing a test at the crossroads. It's just too good.

Premium Features