• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutching for a 13 pro rmk 600

S
Jul 8, 2015
Please don't bash my 600, I love it. I don't care that an 800 would have more power than a correctly clutched 600.

So this winter I will be riding between 10000-12000 feet and I would like some better clutching for that range. MDS clutching and SLP told me that a 140/340 Primary and a 160/260 secondary spring would help alot for cheap. One company told me to stay with stock clutch weights and the other said no way, they are the old series and wont perform as well. So my question is basically what is the best aftermarket clutch kit that will be better than my 10-54 weights? I don't care about adjustable too much as I will just go back to stock setup when I get home. I found these http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_product=335&controller=product

D
Nov 28, 2010
600 pro rmk

I have 13 600 pro Rmk and love it take it to next level and buy kurts gear down kit and clutching for that sled. Night and day diff. If I removed 600 sticker and installed 800 sticker u would never know the diff. It's that great. Rpm awsome. No need to re weight for altitude. Run same setup at low or hi alt. Super crisp dialed in setup. Call them and order. Super smile in ur helmet all day

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I have 13 600 pro Rmk and love it take it to next level and buy kurts gear down kit and clutching for that sled. Night and day diff. If I removed 600 sticker and installed 800 sticker u would never know the diff. It's that great. Rpm awsome. No need to re weight for altitude. Run same setup at low or hi alt. Super crisp dialed in setup. Call them and order. Super smile in ur helmet all day
Not sure Kurts still stocks the Pro-ride chassis geardown kits but give them a call to find out for sure. I love the gear-downs in the 800s as well, have 2 of them set up that way. If they don't stock them, your next best bet is to watch snowest swapmeet forums, facebook "mountain sledder swapmeet" group, and ebay of course... another alternative is to go with 7 tooth 2.86 pitch drivers (same as Axys stock drivers), that will achieve a gear-down, but I think the Kurts kit (or TKI kit works too) is better... I did the 7-tooth Avid drivers, still have the complete drive shaft with drivers for sale,ran them for a couple hundred miles but never was able to do a side by side comparison.

Premium Features