• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat colors 2

Should Arctic Cat offer color options for sno-check sleds?

• Yes

Votes: 240 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 5.1%

• Total voters
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I thought this thread was about color choices?

pick up a dirt bike magazine and you will find actual weights for every bike tested, what is wrong with Snowest and others? caving into advertising dollars!

I would like to see the magazines list actual dry weights and weights full of fuel and other fluids, maybe a spare belt and factory tool kit , come on Snowest get some balls and give us the truth

Ha factory tool kit. Hopefully cat still gives one, noone else does. Ive still got a cat tool kit that ive used in my doo and poo.

Is polaris the only one publishing any kind of weight anymore?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I have to admit, after seeing the 18' MC in person, I really don't like the black with green tunnel. I think what would be cool is if you had a two guys, one with the grey EB and one with the MC. Then change out the plastics and seat. You'd end up with one sled that's all black and one that has grey plastic with the green tunnel. I think the green tunnel and grey plastic option would look way cool.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Color options

I have to admit, after seeing the 18' MC in person, I really don't like the black with green tunnel. I think what would be cool is if you had a two guys, one with the grey EB and one with the MC. Then change out the plastics and seat. You'd end up with one sled that's all black and one that has grey plastic with the green tunnel. I think the green tunnel and grey plastic option would look way cool.

Like this?

image.jpg

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Over 95% of the voting public want color options.
That indicates Cat should rethink their policies. I understand that this year is an exception with the sale to textron.

Mountain Cat!

Last edited:

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Color options

Over 95% of the voting public want color options.
That indicates Cat should rethink their policies. I understand that this year is an exception with the sale to textron.

Mountain Cat!

I agree.
It really wouldn't be hard to have 1 or 2 color options.
There's nothing that they'd need to do that is new or needs to be redesigned.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
I still prefer the black with green trim

Personally, I've always thought sleds looked better when the belly pan sides match the color of the tunnel, take the early build, I wasn't to fussy on it, but thought the hard core evo looks amazing!
It's just a better flowing look, can anyone photo shop a team green belly pan side to match the tunnel? That would set it off I think:)

marvelous

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2012
Dent mn
I would like to tell cat thank for the performance improvents. ( after all the 2012 issues) Send all the color whiners a sucker.

Last edited:

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Voting

Too bad we couldn't get a lot more than 200 people to vote on this!

Mountain Cat!

I agree.
More than 5500 views. You'd think there'd be more votes from that many views.
I'm guessing all the naming calling and negativity is keeping some from commenting and possibly voting.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Voting

Possibly.
It's late in the year and seasons are changing. Not a lot of post on snowest these days.
There's only a few days left to snow check.
I'm thinking about waiting a year to buy.
I read a review from a guy that's owned a lot of cat sleds that said he wasn't happy with the ER 2018 mountain cat shocks. He said he prefered the snopro shocks. This is also the only review that I've read stating this. This could be a simple factory calibration issue that can be easily changed before these sleds are built.

J

Jooohan87

Aug 28, 2011
Possibly.
It's late in the year and seasons are changing. Not a lot of post on snowest these days.
There's only a few days left to snow check.
I'm thinking about waiting a year to buy.
I read a review from a guy that's owned a lot of cat sleds that said he wasn't happy with the ER 2018 mountain cat shocks. He said he prefered the snopro shocks. This is also the only review that I've read stating this. This could be a simple factory calibration issue that can be easily changed before these sleds are built.

What shocks are u talking about? The Fox sql?

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Shocks

What shocks are u talking about? The Fox sql?

I'm not sure.
He just said he was thinking about switching the shocks from his snopro to his MC so I don't know if he meant all of them or what???
He said he had to change the setting on his ER mountain cat shocks lots.
You'd think the MC shocks would be better. That's why I was wondering about a calibration issue that can still be changed at the factory if there is one.
I never got to ride any of the ER sleds so I can't say what the difference would be if or if there is one.

Premium Features