• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 cat

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Or not. Decreasing tank sizes to look better on the wet weight scale is the stupidest effing thing ive ever heard of. If you want to save 6 pounds by not putting a gallon of fluid in then do that, but leave the door open for the rest of us to carry enough fluids into the backcountry without having to pack extras.

Publishing dry weights would be a better place to start.

keep learnin.....proclimb oil res are huge brah. Like plenty for two of your back country adventures.
new motor uses less oil.
put it together...
i think they did decrease the size for the skinnier panels, guy said slimmed up in the vid...
Effin sweet.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
keep learnin.....proclimb oil res are huge brah. Like plenty for two of your back country adventures.
new motor uses less oil.
put it together...
i think they did decrease the size for the skinnier panels, guy said slimmed up in the vid...
Effin sweet.

The spec sheet for the 18 shows an oil capacity of 3.6 qt. I don't think it has been changed.

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
RTR 2016 Axys 163x3" with extra belt and stock tools, 537lbs

2017 mountaincat 153x3". 547lbs, RTR with tool bad and extra belt. If the 18' cat can drop 10-15lbs it'll be real close in weight.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Or not. Decreasing tank sizes to look better on the wet weight scale is the stupidest effing thing ive ever heard of. If you want to save 6 pounds by not putting a gallon of fluid in then do that, but leave the door open for the rest of us to carry enough fluids into the backcountry without having to pack extras.

Publishing dry weights would be a better place to start.

I kinda think this whole weight thing is becoming a bit ridiculous. They are all within reason of each other now: Give me that balance of reliability, power, and weight......I'll call it good (Did I forget Flickability? What's the new buzz word this year??). I don't want to be riding a tank out there, I don't think any of us do, especially for the sake of my body, but all these top tier mountain sleds from Cat, Doo, and Poo are pretty darn awesome right now. Everyone has their brand preference, some being brand loyal, and some not. We can nit pick each and every sled based on our own personal preferences as well as factual specifications of the machines.
I like that the brands keep pushing each other, yes Cat was a bit late getting back into the mix post 2010-2011 M's (I liked these a lot!), but its time to look forward, and hopefully those are exciting times for us snowmobilers!

-Stack

J
Nov 29, 2010
AK
I kinda think this whole weight thing is becoming a bit ridiculous. They are all within reason of each other now: Give me that balance of reliability, power, and weight......I'll call it good (Did I forget Flickability? What's the new buzz word this year??). I don't want to be riding a tank out there, I don't think any of us do, especially for the sake of my body, but all these top tier mountain sleds from Cat, Doo, and Poo are pretty darn awesome right now. Everyone has their brand preference, some being brand loyal, and some not. We can nit pick each and every sled based on our own personal preferences as well as factual specifications of the machines.
I like that the brands keep pushing each other, yes Cat was a bit late getting back into the mix post 2010-2011 M's (I liked these a lot!), but its time to look forward, and hopefully those are exciting times for us snowmobilers!

-Stack

My word of the year for cat that I've noticed in these few interviews and writeups is "predictability"! As in handling. I like it!!

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
My word of the year for cat that I've noticed in these few interviews and writeups is "predictability"! As in handling. I like it!!

Sweet, I like it!:face-icon-small-coo

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Anything else out there of the new unreleased cats yet?
I've been hunting but haven't found anything I'm getting impatient lol it's killing me to wait

WhiskeyTee

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2013
Utah
RTR 2016 Axys 163x3" with extra belt and stock tools, 537lbs

2017 mountaincat 153x3". 547lbs, RTR with tool bad and extra belt. If the 18' cat can drop 10-15lbs it'll be real close in weight.

Is the RMK tail heavy or is it just the handlebars are more forward? MC seams level in comparison

KingCon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2016
You are weighing a Poo 163" and a Kitty 153"! And the Kitty is still a lot heavier. Weigh the same lengths.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
You are weighing a Poo 163" and a Kitty 153"! And the Kitty is still a lot heavier. Weigh the same lengths.
Add 5lbs to the cat scale or take 5lbs off the poo scale.
That will be close enough to give u the results u are asking for.

15lbs is real close, especially when ur comparing the heaviest 2stroke sled on the market to the the all mighty Pro!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Add 5lbs to the cat scale or take 5lbs off the poo scale.
That will be close enough to give u the results u are asking for.

15lbs is real close, especially when ur comparing the heaviest 2stroke sled on the market to the the all mighty Pro!

That's to complicated when you're drunk on poolaid!!! :)

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Is the RMK tail heavy or is it just the handlebars are more forward? MC seams level in comparison
I think it's more of an optical illusion,
Photos are from Different angles and the tipped tunnel on the cat makes it seem level

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
New cat side panels are so easy my 6 year old had the clutch side pulled off before I realized what he was going. :)

IMG_1351.jpg

ridgelinerunner

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008

Just got off of the dealer webinar, they will have a early release Mountain Cat for dealers to have in showroom, it looks to be 7 lbs lighter that the 2017? Found the spec sheet online. Will have more information shortly

Premium Features