• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Ski-Doo Summit Rev 850 Rider Impressions from Mount Baker

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
Sounds like a winner! I snowchecked a 165 and have ridden a T3 174 for 2 years. Just wondering whether a 174 Axys may be added to our sleds next year also... Looking forward to riding a stock sled with the only mods on the 165 being grips, riser height, front bumper, and a lightweight battery.

Cat man doo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
Agreed. CFR bars with ODI grips, light weight battery, and a solid front bumper. And rear to haul the poos over the top or to the parking lot !!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
Agreed. CFR bars with ODI grips, light weight battery, and a solid front bumper. And rear to haul the poos over the top or to the parking lot !!! Lol

Heavy duty rear bumper Lmfao

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008

How many Axys sleds have you hauled out this year Smart ***? The Axys has proven to be very reliable. In my many years of riding, we have hauled out many more Ski Doo's than Polaris sleds. That is with groups with way more Polaris sleds in them so the Doo's were breaking down at a higher rate than the Polaris sleds by a major factor. Just saying!

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
How many Axys sleds have you hauled out this year Smart ***? The Axys has proven to be very reliable. In my many years of riding, we have hauled out many more Ski Doo's than Polaris sleds. That is with groups with way more Polaris sleds in them so the Doo's were breaking down at a higher rate than the Polaris sleds by a major factor. Just saying!

Out of the three axys I ride with we've towed out...... Oh that's right, 3, and more than once for each one.

And out of the 6 cats I ride with we've towed 2. And out of the 7 doo's we've towed 0. Three of the doo's have turbos. Just sayin.

A
Feb 12, 2012
washington play grounds
axys pulled home

The skidoo Strikes again haha.. Had to pull a 16 axys home this weekend and that was all I saw on the side of the road broke down up baker was Polaris. Got to ride the new 850 skidoo and it will eat the axys alive other then in a step side hill it still tends to washout a little but they r way more predictable then the 15 and 16 xms and t3!!!! The power that the new 850 puts out feels like a turbo but its stock with a warranty!!! We had a 16 axys turboed with us and the stock 850 runs side by side with that turbo until the turbo gets all the way up on boost then the axys pulls the 850 a little but not by much think with good shocks on the 850 the axys won't be able to touch the new skidoo on anything (sidehilling,climbing,tree riding ect ) I'm not brand loyal I ride what will do what I want it to be Polaris, skidoo,or cat not a yammy tho was going to switch to Polaris before riding the new skidoo and now there's no way skidoo it is for next couple years!! what an amazing sled the new skidoos r!!!!

G
Aug 2, 2015
This year I witnessed 4ski doos die, all various motor problems. One of them still in the shop because the dealer cant figure out whats wrong. On the other hand, 5 of us on axys, not a single hickup.

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
I was out last weekend, their was 9 of us 3 Doo's 3 Poo's and 3 Cats, they all broke we had to have a Yamaha pull us all back to the truck and he did, in one trip. :face-icon-small-con

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Out of the three axys I ride with we've towed out...... Oh that's right, 3, and more than once for each one.

And out of the 6 cats I ride with we've towed 2. And out of the 7 doo's we've towed 0. Three of the doo's have turbos. Just sayin.

I am not buying what you are selling. Where I ride in Idaho, we have had one Axys go down out of hundreds. Carl's has seen very, very few issues with the Axys. It can't be that different in other parts of the country. I find your argument spurious in the extreme. The new open class (not an 800) Ski Doo may be a great sled in the heavyweight class. The Axys is the light heavyweight champ though. The Ski Doo has no competition in its heavyweight class except the Yamaha and Cat 4 stroke turbos. It SHOULD not be compared against 800 class sleds. Are you listening Snowest?

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I am not buying what you are selling. Where I ride in Idaho, we have had one Axys go down out of hundreds. Carl's has seen very, very few issues with the Axys. It can't be that different in other parts of the country. I find your argument spurious in the extreme. The new open class (not an 800) Ski Doo may be a great sled in the heavyweight class. The Axys is the light heavyweight champ though. The Ski Doo has no competition in its heavyweight class except the Yamaha and Cat 4 stroke turbos. It SHOULD not be compared against 800 class sleds. Are you listening Snowest?

I don't care if you buy it. And there you go again claiming the Doo is a heavyweight. If you're referring to the engines power you'd be spot on but we know your obsessed with how "heavy" this new chassis from Doo is. Lol.

The Doos dry weight is only 15lbs heavier than the the poo (165 vs 163). So the poo is a lightweight and the Doo isn't?? Lmao. Get over it. It's only 15 lbs dry weight.

Maybe poo and cat will build 850's so they can complete with this new Doo.

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Thanks norona!

Had great time up baker this last weekend. That ski doo was a lot of fun! I ride an axys and it's been awesome even with the pump gas turbo hasn't had an issue. I will say that ski doo has made changes all in the right direction. Only bad thing I could say is the weight and it's still somewhat washy on side hills. Not as bad as the xm but still some. I'm not brand loyal at all and in another 4-5 years I am curious to see if Polaris will match that power and doo fix the washy, can't tell its heavier than axys at all. There is not a stock sled with power like that. I will be making the switch back to doo in few years if they keep this up. Impressive machine. All I'm waiting for is just a few tweaks and a little bit of diet for it. Love it i give it 9 out of 10! And no it won't spank my turbo axys

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Riester

Btw only reason you pulled me home was bc you and I ****ed up my snap ring in my secondary clutch before we went to baker. But still thanks for the tow haha

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
The new 850 should have more power than the 800s, that is how it works....

If your going to boost your sled there is no other choice than the Axys 800, Once Polaris releases the factory Boosted Axys the battle will start over again.

Looks the new 850 is going to be hard to beat for any other stock N/A sled in a straight up HP race but HP is not always everything as Polaris has been proving since the Pro Chassis was release for the 2011 season.

I myself can not stand how it looks but am not afraid to jump on one here next month and see how she does.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Ya right.. We been with lots of boosted poos.. There not like a boosted doo.. See it first hand

Your option of the 850 sounds biased before you even start

The new 850 should have more power than the 800s, that is how it works....

If your going to boost your sled there is no other choice than the Axys 800, Once Polaris releases the factory Boosted Axys the battle will start over again.

Looks the new 850 is going to be hard to beat for any other stock N/A sled in a straight up HP race but HP is not always everything as Polaris has been proving since the Pro Chassis was release for the 2011 season.

I myself can not stand how it looks but am not afraid to jump on one here next month and see how she does.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
The track is too small for that much power I would think, track speed should be crazy making it easy to wash out over a sled with half the track speed

Had great time up baker this last weekend. That ski doo was a lot of fun! I ride an axys and it's been awesome even with the pump gas turbo hasn't had an issue. I will say that ski doo has made changes all in the right direction. Only bad thing I could say is the weight and it's still somewhat washy on side hills. Not as bad as the xm but still some. I'm not brand loyal at all and in another 4-5 years I am curious to see if Polaris will match that power and doo fix the washy, can't tell its heavier than axys at all. There is not a stock sled with power like that. I will be making the switch back to doo in few years if they keep this up. Impressive machine. All I'm waiting for is just a few tweaks and a little bit of diet for it. Love it i give it 9 out of 10! And no it won't spank my turbo axys

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Ya right.. We been with lots of boosted poos.. There not like a boosted doo.. See it first hand

Your option of the 850 sounds biased before you even start

My opinion... I have not ridden the 850 yet but will here soon, I am only going off of what I have been told from actual test riders and comments. It makes more power than any other NA stock sled, thats all I got.

I am not sure if most your boosted Polaris's were Pro chassis? But the Axys on boost is ridiculous! It is better in every area than my boosted Pro. With that said my boosted Pro ran great and still does...

We have a 15 Boosted ETEC and the 16 Axys and the Axys is much better. You simply just can not pull fuel on the bottom end of an ETEC where it is need to make it run anywhere close as clean as the Axys 800 ho. The axys also pulls much more weight for the same amount of boost.

Now the ETEC is is still extremely impressive, it just does not perform like the Ayxs does on boost.

This is my comparison side by side each time. Time will tell how the 850 does on boost but sounds like it may not be needed. But everything starts that way! ahahaha

Premium Features