• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PLEASE DONT SLED WITHOUT YOUR TETHER

K

Klimbing Kitty

BE SAFE USE YOUR TETHER!!!
PLEASE CLICK ON LINK AT BOTTOM TO READ FULL STORY AND SEE WHAT CAN HAPPEN
https://www.gofundme.com/anthonybingrehab
My little brother, Anthony Bing, was in a terrible snowmobile accident on January 3, 2016, while we were sledding together in the back country. Sledding is his passion. It was nearing the end of an amazing day of sledding together with Mindy, his wife, myself, my 4 year old son, and our mother and father when this horrific nightmare happened. We had all been playing on the hills all day long, Anthony decided to go up one last time. The hill got a little steep and Anthony's sled came right over backwards, spun 180 degrees and the track of the snowmobile landed on his leg while the throttle was stuck wide open. The scratcher (a metal bar that digs in the snow) went through his boot and through his achilles tendon which stopped him from being able to pull his leg out. Meanwhile the back end of the track ripped through his clothing removed all the skin and tissue and into the muscle and tendons on the back side of his entire right leg. While the track was spinning at 70 mph it was cauterizing as it ate through his leg. He put his hand into the track to free his leg and shattered his hand. I was quickly at his side and able to get him down onto flat ground where I removed my clothes to make tourniquets to stop the bleeding. We called an ambulance and my amazingly tough in shock brother road out to the parking lot where the ambulance rushed him off to the Whistler Clinic. The clinic did triage on him and determined

FOLLOW LINK TO FULL STORY . IF QUEEZY DONT LOOK AT PICS OR VIDEO
https://www.gofundme.com/anthonybingrehab

2Thetopp

Lifetime Membership
Thanks for posting, hopefully it can save someone from going through a similar situation after seeing what can happen. I've been using my tether the last few years with a carabiner on my jacket d ring and another on the tether, makes for easy attachment. Your brother has a tough road ahead of him, I guess it could have been worse, but not much, life changing in just a few seconds, good luck on a speedy recovery.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Not take anything away from the seriousness here, but I think Polaris, Arctic Cat, and Yamaha should be putting them on from the factory.

That being said Skidoo has done so for years, and look at how many folks refuse to even use it.

Glad you guys made it out, and everyone will get better. If someone can benefit from your story great.

Those tethers are there for a good reason. I my self have used it on multiple occasions.

Premium Features