• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 etec heat soak

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Why in the world would someone want to keep a sled wide open for two minutes anyway. It would have to be in the flats because no hill that a sled would climb would take two minutes. Plus if it was on the flats no mountain sled was designed to go at the speeds it would be at for that long.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Why in the world would someone want to keep a sled wide open for two minutes anyway. It would have to be in the flats because no hill that a sled would climb would take two minutes. Plus if it was on the flats no mountain sled was designed to go at the speeds it would be at for that long.

I guess you should watch some of Johnny's videos. Definitely NOT flat.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy

It all depends on how aggressive you are and what you are prepared to do to get to the top, and how deep it is. I've been wide open for 5-10 min before.

DEEP, DEEP AND LONG HILLS

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Lol.. 5 to ten wot.. How slow would you have to be moving to run a ten minute wot run up a hill

Rode a 154 last year and had it pinned like it felt a lifetime, but when your almost not moving and cutting a long line it takes for ever... Then a guy wonders why your out of fuel before 1pm..

Big power. Big track take long pined wot out of it..

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Lol.. 5 to ten wot.. How slow would you have to be moving to run a ten minute wot run up a hill

Rode a 154 last year and had it pinned like it felt a lifetime, but when your almost not moving and cutting a long line it takes for ever... Then a guy wonders why your out of fuel before 1pm..

Big power. Big track take long pined wot out of it..

Just saying I've been that long on the throttle before, not all the time. And yea when its super deep you don't move to fast. Something about 4-5ft powder day just slows you down...... can't figure it out

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
It all depends on how aggressive you are and what you are prepared to do to get to the top, and how deep it is. I've been wide open for 5-10 min before.

DEEP, DEEP AND LONG HILLS

Some people just don't get it and I just laugh. Me and my main riding partner have had our 174 doo's pinned for sure 5-10 straight minutes multiple times in the deep stuff this year. I kept thinking the belt would blow or the engine would blow during but neither has happened. If it was a axys you would never hear this story. The doo did pull down 500 rpm after 6-7 minutes tho with the stock hood and no Vents. Completely stock. Never blown a belt on the doo yet.

Last edited:
D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Wow, a guy that can ride and knows his stuff post some useful info and people jump all over him. No wonder the term dootard is thrown around so much.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
10 minutes wide open without letting off, the shi! is way to deep in this thread for me. I would absolutely love to see that, keep on dreaming keyboard jockeys.:face-icon-small-dis

Cat man doo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
Two years ago I was in McBride and when you jumped off your sled it was up to your neck. You could've put an elastic around the throttle that day. If you weren't wfo you were stuck. I was on my cat with lots of venting and after 3-4 minutes something happened. I always thought it was in the clutching/belt but might of been heat soak. So for someone to say 2 minutes wfo, it's not hard to believe given the right conditions. Only thing getting around that day without being stuck steadily was turbos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Cat man doo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
That being said, I snochecked Thursday !!!! Can't wait to try the 850 !!!! It's great to be a Sledder in these times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
After looking these new doos over at west yesterday, the pictures don't do justice to how many changes have been done.

Pretty impressive

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
10 minutes wide open without letting off, the shi! is way to deep in this thread for me. I would absolutely love to see that, keep on dreaming keyboard jockeys.:face-icon-small-dis

If you are really a snow junky it wouldn't be that hard to believe but you obviously don't go chase the snow just waiting for it to come to Kennewick Lol. I've been to Revy last week snow was waist deep, and just got back from Harts pass and the snow was hitting you in the face alllll day long while I'm sure you real keyboard jockeys sat home thinking the snow sucks.
Btw I'm sure most of you haven't seen days like I was talking about in previous 5-10 WFO convo and no Polaris were willing to even break the road in it was so stupid deep. They all ended up leaving at about 3pm and me and my buddy went up a little higher breaking one of our favorite spots thru the trees and I got turned around and got off my sled for a minute and I was hanging on to my running board with my arms stretched out and there was nothing at my feet either. That's 8' and no bottom. It was December 19th this season, that whole week was ridiculous.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net

OMG are you serious? When your pinned in 3' ang going 4mph...2 minutes is pretty standard long side hill up on Baker.

Rt

Premium Features