• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Delay in typing on SnowWest

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
There is a delay in typing when posting, meaning that I’ll type “snow” and what actually is typed is “snw.” And it only happens on this forum and does not happen anywhere else (meaning word docs / email) on my computer.

If I type really slow, it does not happen.

This happening to anyone else?

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I had that happen before but I don't remember if it was on SW or not. Do you have a wireless keyboard? And how do you connect to the internet?

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
This is why tech support people will always have a job. I can say first hand that computers suck. Good luck!:face-icon-small-coo

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
oppps...spoke to soon..still screwed up

and what is with the ads going right across the page and having to hunt for the little
x to close before being able to do anything..the battery ad especially..

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Sorry advertisers, I couldn't take it anymore and installed Ad Blocker Plus.

I can now type complete sentences again without having half of the letters blocked due to that stupid video ad!!!!
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
How a computer reacts to typing is always in issue with the computer itself. Can a site effect this also? Yes, indirectly. It's usually the underlying technology that the site uses to serve content that causes this.

If a site serves flash-based ad content and the current version of flash is either outdated or corrupt/other issues, your computer will become unresponsive. Same can happen with java/javascript. These are all "client-side" technologies. They have nothing to do with a site (except that the site is telling the "client - your computer" to use these technologies).

The only way to counter these issues is to make sure your flash/java is up-to-date and that your computer is running optimal (ie - run disk cleanup and defrag your hard drives regularly).

Premium Features