• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why Ski-Don't?

numbskull

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2003
Riverton, UT
This forum looks pretty dead, but I guess I'll post anyway since it's supposed to be the place to post "product reviews":

I had the opportunity to ride a 2013 Ski-Doo Summit yesterday all day and had a blast on it! What about this new model is causing others to call this the Ski-Don't??

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
Jealousy. The reason they use the word don't refers to don't test ride one because you will have to sell your Pro to own a Ski Doo. I can't believe I even had to explain that to you.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I haven't heard that about the new XM. But I think the saying is coming from how much is a POS the rev and specialy XP chassis are. The XM on the other hand is Actualy a good sled.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
I haven't heard that about the new XM. But I think the saying is coming from how much is a POS the rev and specialy XP chassis are. The XM on the other hand is Actualy a good sled.

You're kidding right?? Ski Doo set the rest of the brands on their *** when the REV came out and the other 3 were playing catch up for several years. 2 have caught up the other one never will. But Doo will come out with something earth shaking again and the other 2 will once again be playing follow the leader. I have a REV and an XP they both are great sleds. Can't really see what the differance is in the XM that makes it any better than the XP. P.S. Ski Doo's have been called Ski Don'ts long before they even put trailing arms on them.

Other brand nicknames
Frozen Pu$$y
Arctic Crap
Arctic Tractor
Polarious
Poo
Blowaris
Yamahaha

I have even seen some PooDoo's out there. It is an XM with Polaris stickers on them.

Last edited:

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
You're kidding right?? Ski Doo set the rest of the brands on their *** when the REV came out and the other 3 were playing catch up for several years. 2 have caught up the other one never will. But Doo will come out with something earth shaking again and the other 2 will once again be playing follow the leader. I have a REV and an XP they both are great sleds. Can't really see what the differance is in the XM that makes it any better than the XP. P.S. Ski Doo's have been called Ski Don'ts long before they even put trailing arms on them.

Other brand nicknames
Frozen Pu$$y
Arctic Crap
Arctic Tractor
Polarious
Poo
Blowaris
Yamahaha

I have even seen some PooDoo's out there. It is an XM with Polaris stickers on them.

Actually ski doo wasn't that ground breaking with the Rev they stole a arm suspension from cat.... Just felt like pointing that out.... And I will make one more comment when ski doos motors last more than 4500 miles without buying a new crate motor and the chassis can stand taking hits like the other chassis without buckling, I will seriously consider buying one. They climb like no other and if set up they will side hill till kingdom come. Just aren't built like I need.

Okay one more thing that irks me about brp. They sue over everything that another company does but no one will sue them when they steal ideas cause their pockets are not deep enough.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Premium Features