• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bumper thread

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
Hey so can everyone post the different brands of front + rear bumpers on here? Im sure Its a priority for pro rmk owners since the stock bumpers are useless ! CHeers!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
www.SkinzProtectiveGear.com

480_SPG_Polaris_Pro_RMK-Rush_Front_Bumper_-_Updated_Mount.jpg

480_SPG_Polaris_Pro_RMK-Rush_Front_Bumper_-_Updated.jpg

480_SPG_Polaris_Pro_Ride-Rush_Front_Bumper_PFB300-BK_Cut.JPG

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Front Bumper comming soon.

We are working on a new pro bumper hope to have something to look at soon. I am looking at tying it to the belly pan like we did on the cat bumper. Working on a couple of designs.Promise to be light will not hold snow and be strong. This one weights in at 2.7 LB

395132_4976340335825_840995650_n.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'm having trouble with the VanAmburg website right now...when I do get it to work, I'll update this post.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Polaris Extreme- I call it a 1 hit wonder, it is extreme only in it's thin wall tubing.

snowmobilepicures004-1.jpg

Skins, my personal favorite, although I prefer a powdercoated one.

Socowrenchday003.jpg

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
We are working on a new pro bumper hope to have something to look at soon. I am looking at tying it to the belly pan like we did on the cat bumper. Working on a couple of designs.Promise to be light will not hold snow and be strong. This one weights in at 2.7 LB

395132_4976340335825_840995650_n.jpg

I like the look of that. Connecting to the belly pan or bulkhead(VEI) is what I'm after.

I'm also a big fan of how the TCP bumper comes back and doesn't leave "hooks" like almost everybody else's--Skinz, VEI, Polaris extreme, etc,-- to catch on trees when the sled slides past. It's always aggravating when the sled slides past and then the tree wedges itself between the bumper wing and the plastic. With saplings not such a problem to cut down, but I've seen it happen on trees too big to cut with a hand saw.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Another M series rear! I will do a try Tri-City Performance(TCP) when I smash my front stocker.

M-series-
cat bumper frm top.jpg

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
We are distributing the Edge Works bumper now. Ill post installed pics soon as well as some close ups.

The construction is amazing, mil-spec finish on the tube so your hands aren't as prone to slipping off, stout enough to use a snobungie on.

Check of www.feethookers.com for info shortly.

C79E6797-C3F3-42A6-B441-1AD6A51CBFDF-15286-0000096591BA11AB.jpg

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Polaris Extreme- I call it a 1 hit wonder, it is extreme only in it's thin wall tubing.]

I've seen how well the Polaris Extreme bumper works. In a bad impact, it crumples as it should and absorbs the impact forces vs doing damage to more expensive components like the bulkhead. At around $100, it's cheap insurance. Remember, for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. If the bumper you choose does not absorb the original "action", there will be an expensive reaction.

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Hate to hijack but wow. What's your secret to polish your tunnel??
Buffing wheel on drill, start out with Tripoli cutting compound.... do a whole lot of that, wipe clean, then use white rouge on the buffer to give it a shine, and finish it by hand with microfiber and mothers aluminum or mag polish. Took about 8 hours. Got every thing I needed to do it from Lowes. Here is where I based what I did off of- http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186290&highlight=Polishing

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I've seen how well the Polaris Extreme bumper works. In a bad impact, it crumples as it should and absorbs the impact forces vs doing damage to more expensive components like the bulkhead. At around $100, it's cheap insurance. Remember, for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. If the bumper you choose does not absorb the original "action", there will be an expensive reaction.

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

Trust me, I've seen how lots of bumper perform and the Extreme is a piece of crap. If you want it to crumple so easily, you should just leave the stock one on. Why spend a single dollar on the extreme? It's the same thin metal and worse, once you hit something good, the front bar breaks completely off, leaving you NO bumper and NO protection. Ask me how I know this. The extreme is a waste of money, keep your stock one if that's how you feel.

Either the Skins or the B&M bumpers will provide what I consider the proper amount of protection w/o going too far. I even had a TCP on an 08 and it was built like a brick **** house, I bent it w/o damage to the bulkhead, so I don't think the bulkhead needs to be worried about. The reason I don't recommend it, it that it was very expensive and had to cut plastics. Skins is the one that I use and recommend to everybody, based on price, fit, function, and durability.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
My thoughts exactly Skibreeze.

My Skinz just showed up yesterday.
Can't wait to put it on.

Premium Features