• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Stage III issue?? update: bad piston rings?

D

Dragonbag

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 29, 2007
Alberta
Dragonbag,
Very respectable post! I appreciate you not jumping to conclusions. If you have time, give me a call at the shop....I have a good idea of what you may be up against. I need a bit more information from you first, but you have already checked some of the things I would recommend:

Plug Caps and Wires
Stock TPS calibration
PCV to TPS synchronization
DET Sensor
Injectors
Pistons and rings
ECU

If it really is only one cylinder, it is more than likely not a pipe temp sensor or DET.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Dustin

Just got off the phone with Dustin from SLP. Very knowledgeable guy. He is going to hook up with my dealer and work with them to resolve the problem. Very much appreciate the extra help! Thanks Dustin!:face-icon-small-coo

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
my how people twist stuff.. no harm intended with the D bag, or dragon bag i should say for the softies! my comparison with my 12 and my buddies slp kit is what i was referring to, about not being able to touch the stage 3 kit he is happy with the money he spent for the kit.. then some one got chapped about me stating my 12 has more {snap, and little crisper} then my other buddies 11 and now every ones panties are twisted because of it. my apologies!

D

Dragonbag

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 29, 2007
Alberta
my how people twist stuff.. no harm intended with the D bag, or dragon bag i should say for the softies! my comparison with my 12 and my buddies slp kit is what i was referring to, about not being able to touch the stage 3 kit he is happy with the money he spent for the kit.. then some one got chapped about me stating my 12 has more {snap, and little crisper} then my other buddies 11 and now every ones panties are twisted because of it. my apologies!

Hey Snopromod, The whole string of posts following your comments has been giving me a really good chuckle!!! Have a Merry Christmas man! Thanks for trying to help out, sorry you knotted up a few pairs of panties along the way! Lol Cheers! Dbag :tea:

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Just got off the phone with Dustin from SLP. Very knowledgeable guy. He is going to hook up with my dealer and work with them to resolve the problem. Very much appreciate the extra help! Thanks Dustin!:face-icon-small-coo

One of the French benefits of dealing with a quality company....

T

tbeaton

May 28, 2008
MA
reliable and motor mods don't go in the same sentence. at least not on 2 strokes. i know that its 100 times better now than it used to be, but once you start opening things up and changing them you risk things like this.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
reliable and motor mods don't go in the same sentence. at least not on 2 strokes. i know that its 100 times better now than it used to be, but once you start opening things up and changing them you risk things like this.

I guess everyone has different experiences. I have had 9 sleds since 1994. All but 1 had engine mods. My 2001 800RMK had a burn down that I could not figure out why. The only time other time I had a problem was my own fault because of running to low octane in my 975.

Now back to regular programing.

T

tbeaton

May 28, 2008
MA
I guess everyone has different experiences. I have had 9 sleds since 1994. All but 1 had engine mods. My 2001 800RMK had a burn down that I could not figure out why. The only time other time I had a problem was my own fault because of running to low octane in my 975.

Now back to regular programing.

yup, i leave my stuff mainly stock, few mods here and there. but i have a buddy who mods his stuff and he has blown thru a bunch of motors over the years.

D

Dragonbag

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 29, 2007
Alberta
Keeping my fingers crossed...

Dealer phoned today. Believe they have my sled fixed. They have put 22 miles on so far, no issues. Wanted to know what I wanted to do? I just went back to work today, until the 31st. Not able to ride until then, and I still have the dealers demo in the garage, just in case. I told him that I was fine with them hanging on to it for now, and putting a few more miles on, just to be sure. He was cool with this, actually was happy to test it some more before returning it, but wanted to give me the option to have it back right away.

He didn't have all the details yet on what the tech had done, just knew for positive that they installed new coil wires. I will post when I have the full details (not likely until next week, being the holidays), and how the sled is running.

Merry Christmas and happy riding to all of you who aren't stuck at work!!! :face-icon-small-sad

D

Dragonbag

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 29, 2007
Alberta
so what was the problem

No news since my last post. Holidays! I'm still working, no time to ride, still have the loaner. Will talk to dealer next couple of days, hope to have my sled back for days off starting this Saturday. As I said, I will update when I know more. Patience Chadweiserson...LOL

D

Dragonbag

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 29, 2007
Alberta
Still broken...

so what was the problem

Update: Problem still not resolved. The shop put 23 miles on my sled, and it crapped out again...fouled both plugs this time. Still trying to figure out what is causing the problem. Have a bunch of new parts on order to try out, TPS, injectors, etc. May end up replacing entire electrical harness...Still using their demo until mine is fixed! They're trying and I'm riding, so all is well!!!:face-icon-small-coo

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
You have a great dealer. They are taking care of your problem and you are riding. Priceless. If I were you I would buy all my sleds and parts from them until something drastically changed in how they did business.

D

Dragonbag

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 29, 2007
Alberta
Did you ever get to the bottom of the problem?

Not yet...Sled still at dealer...last I talked to them, had a new TPS on its way, should be in by now. Unfortunately, I will have to bring it home and test it because they have no snow left. Not much here either. If that doesn't work, will probably be replacing entire electrical harness. Hoping it is a faulty TPS...Not missing much riding due to work and lack of snow, and still have their demo, but it sure would be nice to get to the bottom of the problem. Frustrating for us all.

Premium Features